SAB..Anyone know WHY the slide rehab?

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
We're staying at the BCV's for the first time (ever in the Epcot resort area) and are very excited to try this pool. Do you know why they are rehabbing this slide? I love slides, but don't like the idea that I have to lie down to slide on this one, any idea if they'll be changing that? (I want to be able to sit up) What do you love about this slide? thanks!

I think it's just a "wear-n-tear" rehab. I noticed that it was leaking onto the slidewalk underneath it when we passed by it in May. I don't think they're going to change the themeing of the slide.

I tried it -- ONCE. I am not a huge fan of thrill slides and tend to be slightly claustrophobic. The slide at SAB was a one-time "thrill" for me.

My DW and I noticed some leakage when we were there in Nov. (last year) and the pool looked like it could use some rehab along with the resort.

I'm like the OP, though -- open the slide up. That's one LONG tube to slide through. I noticed, though, that 99% of the people using it loved it.

What exactly didn't you like about it? Was it too fast? Do you have to lie down the whole time? Slides at BB and TL are enclosed at times, but you don't have to lie down. Somebody please explain why you have to lie down?

You have to lay down for the inital part of your "trip" because you're going through a tube about 3 1/2 feet in diameter. Once you get out of the mast/tube portion of the slide I suppose you could try and sit up...

mmm...I wonder if that is going to change.

From what I can understand, they are not changing the physical structure of the slide.. so I guess you will still have to lie down!

I also used the slide twice --- it was fine, but, I still prefer the one at the Grand Floridian. It was kinda uncomfortable when you went over all the places where the tube pieces met (where they placed together), as it scratched a little.

Cal. dreaming, I wonder if that is what they are going to change. It seems alot of people have complained about that very thing.

We were there on Thursday when the rehab started, it started a day early than announced. They are basically replacing all of the ropes that run along the masts. The birds have taken their toll on them and they are in desperate need of replacement. I believe a few other things will also be taken care of but that is the main jest of the rehab.

Heidi

Well, there's my answer! Thanks AMcaptured.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter