• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Saddam" issues 2nd statement

Geoff_M

DIS Veteran, DVC Member, "Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
"Saddam" sounds like he's in major "freak-out" mode. Here's part of today's ramblings:
BAGHDAD, Iraq — Declaring that "victory is at hand," President Saddam Hussein issued a new statement urging Iraqis to fight on and defend their towns according to a broadcast Wednesday on Iraqi satellite television.

In the statement, which was read by an Iraqi news anchor in a military uniform, Saddam repeatedly called upon his people to fight and said the Iraqi armed forces have not used their full capabilities in the battle.

"Fight them so that Iraq, the bastion of religion and principles, will be secured and our (Islamic) nation will come out of this crisis glorious," the statement said. "Fight them. Victory is at hand, God willing, although we have only utilized a third or less of our army while the criminals have used everything they brought in."

"Their failure was manifested and victory is glowing, God willing," the statement said.

The statement singled out the 11th Division of the Iraqi army and Baath Party members in Nasiriyah and other southern towns who have "exhausted" the coalition forces and urged Iraqis to follow their example in defending their cities.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,82922,00.html
Do you think many of the Iraqis are really buying any of this???

Originally posted by Geoff_M
"Saddam" sounds like he's in major "freak-out" mode. Here's part of today's ramblings:Do you think many of the Iraqis are really buying any of this???

Peter Arnett was buying this. Sound like they are equally deluded!

This is so pathetic! Why can't Saddam read his own address? I don't buy the whole "He would take too much risk broadcasting live", or "he escaped the country and is in hiding". All it takes is a cheap camcorder and today's paper to prove that he's alive. He could send that tape (via his stoogies, of course) to Al Jazeera or any other station, but he keeps writing his address and having someone else read it? Yeah, right! Personally I think he's dead.

:) :teeth: :D :teeth: :D :teeth: :D :teeth:

I understand that the first statement "from Saddam" was aired not on Iraqi domestic television (which was not on the air at the time) but on satalite. Clearly something aimed more at the rest of the Arab/outside world.

I agree, Galahad. This second statement was also on satellite, but I have no idea if Iraqi tv was also broadcasting it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter