Safeway delivery

Great to know it went well for you!

I've used them at home many times (when I'm not feeling well, busy with kids or kids are sick), and they do have a no tipping policy (which is nice). Also used them on vacation in Phoenix a few times, and am working on our order for next month!

Their prices are much better than GG ($2.99 for a case of their brand purified water, versus $9.99 for a case of Dasani through GG).

I am so interested in this also! We never have had any issues with GG, but they are mad expensive! lol. Would love to hear more experiences.

Great to know it went well for you!

I've used them at home many times (when I'm not feeling well, busy with kids or kids are sick), and they do have a no tipping policy (which is nice). Also used them on vacation in Phoenix a few times, and am working on our order for next month!

Their prices are much better than GG ($2.99 for a case of their brand purified water, versus $9.99 for a case of Dasani through GG
).

To be fair, it is if you are comparing apples and nails.
One is a generic, unknown quality store brand, and the other is a known national brand name product. The brand name product will always be more expensive than a store brand, wherever you purchase it.
I agree that Garden Grocer is more expensive, but I prefer them for their customer service.
Just another point of view.

I was simply using that as an example; Dasani tastes the same as other filtered water to me (but I abhore spring water).

I agree that GG has good customer service, but so does Safeway! They respond immediately if there is an issue, and unlike GG do not accept tips.

What address format do you use on Safeway deliveries? I'm staying at AKV Jambo House and can't fit the entire name "c/o Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House" on the Address 1 line.

I'm glad to hear that Safeway is a viable option! I've used GG in the past and have been pleased overall but it's nice to see some reasonably priced options pop up.

Great! I've used garden Grocer a lot, too, but they don't carry all the fruit I want to order. And what they do offer is like twice the price - $7 for strawberries, $6 for blueberries. Safeway is $4 and $2.50! Plus diapers are normal price and better selection. Definitely going to try Safeway this trip. Also considered Dizzy Dolphin but I just don't want to write my own list, I like the convenience of point/click/add to cart.

I just got back, and Safeway was wonderful.

Also, when I got home, I ended up with bronchitis. Ordered Safeway here at home, so I didn't have to go to the store. Best service ever! One of my salads was rotten looking, so one quick call and they credited me for it.

I'll use them from now on, after being loyal to Garden Grocer for many years. They simply have much better prices (basically the same as the store), better selection, and prompt service. The guy called me on his way & brought it all right to the room.

I am glad I read this thread! Just checked out Safeway site and their selection is really awesome! Going to try them in June! I have never had an issue with GG but they just dont have alot of what I am looking for.

I was looking at the Safeway site for Disney delivery. They'll deliver a selection of adult beverages! I'm impressed. I don't know how they compare to average Florida prices, but compared to PA prices, they're not bad. (then again, PA has some really strange laws regarding adult beverages)

I live in Maryland, and growing up in the Midwest, and moving around a LOT (husband was in the Marines, so first 5 years of marriage we lived in 5 different states, including 3 years in Hawaii), I understand the stupid East Coast rules! I was used to going to the grocery store in Missouri and having a liquor aisle. Nope, not here! The prices for Safeway for Florida were the same as here at our liquor stores. Not bad, considering one IPA at the parks is $9, and a six pack of the same is about the same from them! Park prices are high, but it's the price of vacation! I didn't order a lot of beer (one six pack, and I gave the last beer to our bellman). I got a bit of wine too! Decent prices. Yes, at Walmart it's a bit cheaper but I don't rent a car when I stay on site.

I just got back, and Safeway was wonderful.

Also, when I got home, I ended up with bronchitis. Ordered Safeway here at home, so I didn't have to go to the store. Best service ever! One of my salads was rotten looking, so one quick call and they credited me for it.

I'll use them from now on, after being loyal to Garden Grocer for many years. They simply have much better prices (basically the same as the store), better selection, and prompt service. The guy called me on his way & brought it all right to the room.

Used them in March, I did not have to be present but I did not order any beer or alcohol. We will be using them again in June as the prices and service were great!

How did you list the the Disney resort address for your deliveries? I'm having trouble fitting all the information in the Address boxes because the characters are very limited and the full name for AKV/AKL Jambo is very long. :/ Thanks in advance!

How did you list the the Disney resort address for your deliveries? I'm having trouble fitting all the information in the Address boxes because the characters are very limited and the full name for AKV/AKL Jambo is very long. :/ Thanks in advance!
What address are you using? I found two for AKL.

I just looked and I just have "1600 Seven Seas Drive, Orlando FL 32830" In the comments section I put "please leave with Bell Services at Beach Club". Also it is listed as Business, Hope that helps

I must be doing something wrong. I keep getting an error message that the address I entered for the GF could not be validated against the USPS and could not continue with my order

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter