Safeway delivery

I must be doing something wrong. I keep getting an error message that the address I entered for the GF could not be validated against the USPS and could not continue with my order
I couldn't get mine to work and I tried on my phone and it worked. They gave me this number to call if I needed help
1 877 505 4040

I used the address listed on the sticky at the top of this section. I put in the comments to call my cell # when they were on the way. That way I could give him my room # to deliver it right to the room.

What address are you using? I found two for AKL.

I found this format on some other threads for deliveries to DW resorts. WAY too long for Safeway, haha.

FirstName LastName - Hold for guest arrival XX/XX/2017
c/o Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge / Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
2901 Osceola Parkway
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
(407) 938-3000

I just looked and I just have "1600 Seven Seas Drive, Orlando FL 32830" In the comments section I put "please leave with Bell Services at Beach Club". Also it is listed as Business, Hope that helps

Ok, right on. So you didn't put the resort name at all? That will definitely fit better than my long winded name/address! Thanks!

Last edited:
I used the address listed on the sticky at the top of this section. I put in the comments to call my cell # when they were on the way. That way I could give him my room # to deliver it right to the room.

Great idea on listing your cell number for delivery!! I'll make sure I do the same.

I know this is an older post. Does anyone know if you have to be present for alcohol when Safeway delivers? I have used GG in past and I know I just uploaded my liscense for alcohol but nothing like that with Safeway?!?

Yes, you now must be there for Safeway to deliver beer or wine. It's not bad with a one hour window though. I just had it in my notes to call me so I could give them my room number, then they brought it all to me and took down my ID info.

@happymommy have you used them lately?? I am a travel agent and have been getting mixed reviews from my clients. I had some use Safeway in October and ordered alcohol and didn't have to be present. They chose 7-8pm window and called bell services around 8pm and they told them their order had been delivered. Same thing for another family in fall. I had people check in today and weren't there for their order and they did have alcohol and Safeway wouldn't leave it. Now because they weren't there they have a 4 hour window of delivery tonight!

I use them weekly at home. but in Maryland they can't deliver alcohol. I would suggest choosing a ONE hour window and being present. Them not needing to be there was not the norm, and one hour makes it easier. It's vacation. Spend the extra $3 or so for one hour!

Glad to see that other people are using Safeway and liking it! I've been saying for a while to give them a try, we've never had a problem. Yes, you have to be there to sign off and show ID if beer and/or wine is on your order but that's not a problem for us.

Keep in mind, I ordered last week and they arrived early, not during the 1 hour window. I was on the bus on our way to the resort when he called me.

So what happened? Did Safeway come back after you got to the resort? I like the idea of delivery straight to you room. We are staying st the Beach Club Can you order perishable items such as milk, cheese?

If you think you might be late returning to your room, do you contact them to reschedule?

Thanks for any answers.

This looks like a great option. As opposed to a renting car or Lyft to a grocery store.

So what happened? Did Safeway come back after you got to the resort? I like the idea of delivery straight to you room. We are staying st the Beach Club Can you order perishable items such as milk, cheese?

If you think you might be late returning to your room, do you contact them to reschedule?

Thanks for any answers.

This looks like a great option. As opposed to a renting car or Lyft to a grocery store.

I can only answer a couple questions - I use Safeway at home all the time (like at least 3 times a month). You can order any regular items pretty much that the store carries; meat, cheese, milk, paper goods, toiletries, drinks, etc. In Florida grocery stores can sell wine and beer (not here in Maryland, grrrr), and their prices are normal, unlike Garden Grocer.

I do NOT think you can call to reschedule, so I would count on being in my room (to be safe) an hour prior to my scheduled delivery time. I always like to have a buffer. I ordered for the first night last trip, so we got back and I used the in between time to unpack and settle in (we had gone straight to the parks for the day).

Despite my leaning towards using a town car next trip and skipping DME (I just don't like waiting in line) which includes a grocery stop, I may skip the stop and head straight to the resort to check in and go to the parks, and order from Safeway for delivery if I can get the last delivery slot of the evening. To not have to walk the store for a half hour is worth $10!

They left our items with the bellman desk, and I got it from them. We didn’t order alcohol though.

Thanks everybody. Trying for the last delivery seems like a great option. I am more worried about flight delay the day of arrival. The prices are reasonable. We live in the country so do not use it at home. Many family members do, however. We will order some berr/wine and probably some milk and cheese. So want to put those away as soon as possible.

Thanks everybody. Trying for the last delivery seems like a great option. I am more worried about flight delay the day of arrival. The prices are reasonable. We live in the country so do not use it at home. Many family members do, however. We will order some berr/wine and probably some milk and cheese. So want to put those away as soon as possible.
Bottled water is a great choice as well.

Just curious- has anyone used Safeway at Swan/Dolphin? We are staying in the Fall and thinking of trying them...

I saw that with GG you need to upload your driver's license ahead of time if ordering adult beverages. Is this the case with Safeway as well? (Because we will definitely be ordering some adult beverages, lol.) Also, how far in advance do you need to order Safeway? Thanks!

We ordered Safeway on March 20th. I had to be present for delivery at the bell hop because we had wine in our order. I made sure that I was nearby during this one hour window. They texted me once they were in the parking lot unloading our items. We had wine in our order & they asked me for my license before I could sign to accept the delivery. When placing the order online, it will let you know that you must be present for the delivery because it recognizes that there is alcohol in your shopping cart. As far as how early you have to place your order, you can place it the day before but I think that the delivery window options might be more limited if you wait longer. I wanted a one hour delivery window, so I wouldn’t have to wait around resort for as long but I think if you wait too long to reserve your delivery day/time, you might be limited to just 4 hour windows? I didn’t want to risk it, so I placed my order well in advance of our trip. I provided my credit card information when I placed the order but you do not get charged until you sign for delivery :)

Just curious- has anyone used Safeway at Swan/Dolphin? We are staying in the Fall and thinking of trying them...

We stayed at Beach Club and had them deliver on March 20th. Great service, good prices, delivered exactly on time with no issues :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!