Salmonella outbreak traced to WDW restaurants

I posted a thread about the salmonella outbreak, but it's in the restaurant forum. Hey, if a head's up prevents it from happening to anyone in the future, well, here's to hoping it never happens again...

Unfortunately it can happen anywhere. My guess is that Disney's reputation for quality may cause a few people to drop their gaurd. It's something that's becomming more frequent with the stronger strains of bacteria. All the years of over-prescribing anti-biotics and the near obsession with cleanliness and sterility have made our own natural resistance weaken.

All the same, like anywhere, keep your gaurd up. Who needs to have their magic spoiled by...let's just say it's not an E-Ticket ride.

It happened this past June.....nothing really new except that I believe they have supposedly traced the outbreak to some imported Roma tomatoes.

Just waiting for the freak-outs to commence ;).
-Andrew

It was prepackaged diced Roma tomatoes used in POFQ, Allstars, and some place in Frontierland. I imagine they were sent to other places besides WDW. No way to keep your guard up as such things are not possible to detect by looks or smell. We really can't hide and live in fear of eveything:D

Your right about that. It happens in the best of places. Nothing is 100 percent. I'm sure Disney does everything it can to minimize/prevent it. I just posted here because of the last paragraph.

I imagine "diced Roma tomatoes" are distributed lots of places other than WDW. Just unfortunate that the tainted ones wound up there. But lots of bad publicity gleefully mentioning "Disney" and leaving out most of the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter