Salt and Straw

Also another option for those mourning the loss of HD is stopping by the Tangaroa Terrace to get prepackaged pints(? Small size container) of various flavors of actual HD ice cream!

We thought we would try S&S on our last trip but every time we went by the line was crazy and stretching well out the door. So we are looking forward to finding out the special flavors for March & to try it out on our next trip.

Definitely sample first! Since the ice cream is made in small batches, each batch comes out a little different from the last. So we had the strawberry with black pepper one time and it was very good -- not too spicy, the pepper was a background note. The next time we tried it, the pepper was quite dominant. Very different. So now we sample whatever we want to buy, even if it's a favorite we've had before -- just to make sure nothing is too varied from the way we like it.

This is true. The first time I tried the salted caramel flavor, I thought it was too salty. I recently tried it again....and it was EVEN SALTIER. So, yeah, it's off my list now. That was really the only flavor I was interested in. I just can't eat salty ice cream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!