Salt water taffy and allergies

albarellic

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if the preboxed salt water taffy at WDW contains milk and/or eggs? My nephew has allergies to both and I would like to find something edible I can bring him home from Disney. He doesn't need anymore toys and I hate spending Disney prices for kids' clothes. Thanks in advance;)

Thank you for your quick reply. Do you know of any snacks I could bring him home? I know the minnie bakery cookies and chip/dale snacks are out, as are any chocolate bars...

Thank you for your quick reply. Do you know of any snacks I could bring him home? I know the minnie bakery cookies and chip/dale snacks are out, as are any chocolate bars...

Honestly, I do not really know too much abut the snacks because I am also allergic to peanuts and tree nuts (in addition to other things) so the majority of boxed treats have always been off limits for me because of cross contamination.

I think some of the (non chocolate) candy might be okay but I think it's something you are just going to have to check when you are there.

Sorry I couldn't help more. I hope you find something!

Traditional salt water taffy is made with butter, but doesn't contain eggs. The best thing to do is check labels. Disney frequently changes suppliers and updates products, so ingredients and allergy warnings can change. My kids have peanut and tree nut allergies. Things that were safe one trip have been unsafe the next and visa versa.

Thanks. I saw a post about the taffy being vegan which means he can eat it without any problems. But I guess I'll just have to wait until I'm down there so I can read the labels myself;) I ended up bringing him a stuffed Stitch keychain last time, but wanted to try the taffy this time. He got a taste of some my mother thought was okay, but turned out it wasn't. He was very upset, both by the reaction he had and that he couldn't have anymore.:sad1:

Traditional salt water taffy is made with butter, but doesn't contain eggs. The best thing to do is check labels. Disney frequently changes suppliers and updates products, so ingredients and allergy warnings can change. My kids have peanut and tree nut allergies. Things that were safe one trip have been unsafe the next and visa versa.

We were just there in June and all the salt water taffy had egg in it. It is possible it could change but I've checked every time we've been since my diagnosis in 2008 and there's always been egg in it.

But I agree that you should check labels. That's always the best bet.

Check labels! I'm pretty sure the Jelly Belly jelly beans are safe. Also, check the Goofy's sour balls. I'm pretty sure those are also safe. They have bags of just cherry ones and bags of fruit flavored ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter