Same day bib-pickup?

JKalai

DIS Veteran
So me and SO have been contemplating on running the WDW Half marathon in January. The only problem is that we cannot arrive on Friday due to our work schedules to pick up our bibs at the Expo. We live on the west coast and the latest flight we can get out is at 5pm which would have us landing at MCO at 12:30am on Saturday.

I was browsing on the runDisney subreddit and saw that they do same-day bib pickups which is not advertised. Has anyone ever heard of anyone being refused a bib on race day? We REALLY want to go, but we don't want to spend all this money to get refused to race on the starting line.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Like others have said, same day bib pickup is for emergencies, not for travel convenience. If people start abusing it, Disney is less likely to offer it in the future for people who actually need it. Aside from that, landing at 12:30am you'd be lucky to get two hours of sleep before the race. Disney is 30 minutes from the airport on a good day, and you'll need to leave your hotel by 3:30am to catch the bus to the start line.

I’m expecting that they will require proof of an actual emergency soon enough. The morning of bib pick up has been talked about more and more. The lines are also crazy. With a 12:30am land, you are getting to outside the airport around 1am. 30 min to Disney once you get your transportation. Then checking in wherever you are staying. You are left with about 1.5 hours before they want you on a bus to the start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter