Same Day Packet Pick Up

40-Something Kid

Mouseketeer
Sorry--I know this has been asked before but I cannot find a good summary on runDisney. There are 9 of us planning to run various races in the 2017 Princess Half Marathon Weekend. One of us cannot get there until after the Expo has closed the night before her race. We are staying on-site at POR. What are her options for package pick up at the resort or at the race venue? When and where would the opportunities for same day or resort pickup appear? Has anyone ever done this? Easy?/Difficult?

To my knowledge:

It seems that the only same day packet pick up Disney does is if there is a terrible weather incident happening in the USA that is delaying a lot of airplanes (happened in 2014).

Otherwise you MUST be there the day prior to your race to pick up your stuff, and it must be you who is picking it up. The race is still 250+ days away, maybe your friend and get creative and figure out how to get there earlier?

Sorry :(

Update: I was wrong!! See below!
(Good to know, as I was looking for same day packet pick up myself and was told there was none!!)

Last edited:
"Emergency" bib pick up is available the morning of every race but is not advertised. It is ONLY for bibs - not shirts, gear bags or anything else. For Princess this year, I got to corrals a little past 5 a.m. and the line for emergency pick-up was at least 100 people long, so be prepared to have to be there VERY early to do emergency pickup.

At Star Wars at WDW this year, they beta-tested a few paid options for VIP packet pick-up the day of the race OR having your race materials delivered to your hotel. So far, these options haven't been offered again. We'll see if they happen for Wine & Dine.

"Emergency" bib pick up is available the morning of every race but is not advertised. It is ONLY for bibs - not shirts, gear bags or anything else.

Yep.

I noticed it first at Star Wars Light Side this year, and then at Princess.

Thanks, everyone! I followed up with an e-mail question to runDisney and will post when they reply. Our DC-area runner is so relieved that her work commitment will not prevent her from running. This will be her first Disney run. We all know she is in for a treat!

Thanks, everyone! I followed up with an e-mail question to runDisney and will post when they reply. Our DC-area runner is so relieved that her work commitment will not prevent her from running. This will be her first Disney run. We all know she is in for a treat!
Any chance you remember what ended up happening? We're running into a similar situation. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!