Same-sex character interaction?

Maybe I should add that Gaston was one who encourged me to squeeze his "arm muscle", it wasn't my intent to get that type of pic, but once he initiated, we played along.

Gaston is such a flirt he loves the attention. I met him on my 30th birthday trip and it was awesome. I remember saying he was part of my gift and said something like "Oh how lucky for you"

I just think it's unnecessary, and to be frank a bit awkward to the character. Take your photo - you don't need to impose an interaction that their not comfortable with.

Do you feel it's unnecessary and awkward regardless of gender? Do you feel it's awkward when the Tremaine StepSisters go all crazy over boys proposing to them?

If so, that opinion is more than fair and valid. Especially if the interaction is forced rather than playful - though maybe of those CMs have to be more outgoing than the type to easily shy away, considering their line or work, but it's true that it doesn't mean they want to get hit on every day.

But maybe if you only feel it would be unnecessary because of the same gender issue, you might want to keep in mind that some of those Friends of Character may just be just as interested, if not more, by being flirted with or proposed to by someone of the same sex as they would be by someone of the opposite gender.

Moving on, to my own personal experiences of interactions

I've personally never flirted with a character, nor has my wife (though Gaston is who Gaston is, so there has been some swooning there). But although we've never experienced any situations where someone outwardly showed disapproval or anything of the sort, we have gotten some really sweet support. We never make anything obvious because that's just not who we are, but when asked if we're related or friends, we don't shy away from setting people straight. When meeting Anna and Elsa for the first time, Anna was very happy for us and Elsa just wanted to make sure we hadn't only just met (which at the time seemed a bit random as we met them before the movie came out, but obviously all fell into place after we watched it). The Tremaines are always awesome as well, so we've had good experiences with them too.

hmmm
the few characters my husband and i have interacted with have always played off our relationship; congratulating us on our anniversary (because of our buttons) or having us kiss or something like that, but they never 'acted' gay (though chip and dale were a little more couple-y...)

oh and there was one time where Tigger grabbed my husband's butt...

Do you feel it's unnecessary and awkward regardless of gender? Do you feel it's awkward when the Tremaine StepSisters go all crazy over boys proposing to them?

If so, that opinion is more than fair and valid. Especially if the interaction is forced rather than playful - though maybe of those CMs have to be more outgoing than the type to easily shy away, considering their line or work, but it's true that it doesn't mean they want to get hit on every day.

But maybe if you only feel it would be unnecessary because of the same gender issue, you might want to keep in mind that some of those Friends of Character may just be just as interested, if not more, by being flirted with or proposed to by someone of the same sex as they would be by someone of the opposite gender.

Moving on, to my own personal experiences of interactions

THANK YOU for saying this! I'd be willing to bet that (perhaps not the poster who initially made the comment you reply to) but a lot of the people who say it's inappropriate for same-perceived-gender interactions would have no issues with opposite-perceived-gender interactions.

And yep... you are definitely right about more than a few of the friends of the characters. :)

I have been wondering how this would go because most of the time Peter Pan is a super cute twink that I wouldn't mind complimenting on his looks not to be creepy but just to see what would happen lol

This reminds me of when we ate at Cinderella's Royal Table for my 29th Birthday. There was three of us (me, my Hubby and a friend), all male and Aurora comes over and asks "WHere are your Princesses tonight?" Without missing a beat my parter, turns to Aurora, puts his hand on mine and says "MY Princess is right here", I loved the nervous laugh that Aurora gave :)
This was the same meal that Belle called us all Beasts at, was a nicely memorable birthday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!