Same sex couple looking to honeymoon in DW

(not married, but) we celebrated 5 years together at WDW in August 2014. We wore anniversary buttons and, like others have posted, we got tons of kind words from CMs and other guests (even a complimentary celebratory dessert or two).

The only awkward memory that comes to mind was during a character meet--posing for a photo with Jasmine, she pointed to my button and asked where my prince was. I just winked and told her my princess was taking the photo.

Friends of mine recently went to Disney World as part of their honeymoon and they got the buttons to celebrate. Apparently everyone was so friendly and they kept getting congratulated!

Notably, the Belle face character in Epcot had pointed out their buttons during a meet and greet and said to them 'Happily Ever Afters are my favourite kind of stories', which I thought was a heart warming touch to such a momentous trip for them!

I would be so surprised if you weren't made to feel more than welcome.

Congratulations, and all the best to both you and your partners future :)

I just want to say this thread has put my mind at ease. My husband and I are leaving for WDW in three weeks for our honeymoon. One of my best friends had the grooms tuxedo Mickey ears personalized for us as a wedding gift! I was so nervous about wearing them or holding hands with my husband, but you all have posted such wonderful stories that I'm even more excited than before!!

I just want to say this thread has put my mind at ease. My husband and I are leaving for WDW in three weeks for our honeymoon. One of my best friends had the grooms tuxedo Mickey ears personalized for us as a wedding gift! I was so nervous about wearing them or holding hands with my husband, but you all have posted such wonderful stories that I'm even more excited than before!!

So pleased to hear your nerves are settled! All the best to you and your husband! :D

Have an amazing honeymoon!!! I'm glad this thread has put your mind at ease. There really isn't anything to worry about at Disney these day :) I hope your ears get you lots of pixie dust! pixiedust:

I have to agree with everyone, you will be very comfortable celebrating at Disney.

My husband and I took our honeymoon to Disney in February 2015. We did a 7 night cruise on the Disney Magic and then spent three days at WDW. I ordered us matching Disney themed "Just Married" t-shirts which we wore in the park and to board the ship. We also wore the "Happily Ever After" buttons the entire trip. It was so magical and special. Everyone we met was congratulatory and the CMs were awesome. There was a good helping of pixie dust for our honeymoon! So I say definitely go for it, it's your celebration and you'll be made to feel special.

We actually take a trip to Disney around that time every year. This past February we got 1st anniversary buttons that we wore and again had lots of well wishes and congratulations.

My fiance and I are interested in honeymooning in Disney World. If we go we will want to wear cute "bride/just married" matching shirts or pins. My fiance is a little hesitant about this though because it will draw attention to us.Even though we are secure with who we are and don't care what people think, our honeymoon isn't a time where we want to deal with ignorance.

Is there any gay couples out there that honeymooned in DW that can offer some information on how it is?

Has anyone seen any same sex couples honeymooning in DW with shirts and pins?

My husband and I got engaged at WDW and also honeymooned there! When we got engaged it was before we had the right to marry - and everyone was wonderful in helping me to plan and execute it. (I wrote a trip report about it. If you are interested I can post the link.) The honeymoon was spectacular! We felt like royalty! haha Seriously, it was the awesome!

My husband and I just returned from our "Disneymoon" last week. I had posted a thread here as well about being nervous about wearing our ears, pins, etc. I have to say that all the worrying was for not!! The CMs from the start at the Magical Express all the way to our last day when we checked out were sooo awesome!! We were given our "happily ever after" buttons when we checked in to our resort. We then decided to take a cruise on the monorail lines wearing our grooms ears since this was my husbands first time in WDW. Not only were the CMs great but other guests were chatting us up and wishing us well. I was almost brought to tears when a woman asked if she could give us hugs because she and her husband were celebrating their anniversary in Disney because hey had honeymooned there 20 years ago!
We were also sprinkled with pixie dust a few times on our trip as well!

My fiance and I are interested in honeymooning in Disney World. If we go we will want to wear cute "bride/just married" matching shirts or pins. My fiance is a little hesitant about this though because it will draw attention to us.Even though we are secure with who we are and don't care what people think, our honeymoon isn't a time where we want to deal with ignorance.

Is there any gay couples out there that honeymooned in DW that can offer some information on how it is?

First of all -Congratulations ! pixiedust:

That's so sweet with same sex couples in matching ears! :love:

We went on our honeymoon to WDW, and stayed at The Honeymoon Suite at The Wilderness Lodge. It was amazing! :dogdance:

The concierge staff were super friendly and accommodating. They really went out of their way to make sure that we had a magical honeymoon. :earsboy::earsboy:

I couldn't imagine a more wonderful place to be with my hubby than at Disney! :hug:

I totally understand if she's a bit hesitant to matching attire, but just get her there and walk hand in hand down Main Street USA for a bit, and you'll discover that she'll be all caught up in the Magic too! :earsgirl::earsgirl:

Always be yourselves and the magic will be real!
Have a Wonderful Honeymoon! :smickey:

:tinker:

My fiance proposed last November in Disney- we had zero negative experiences!

He proposed during the Osborne Lights dessert reception- no one said anything when we kissed after I said yes (and mom took a few photos, lol)

When we got back to our hotel we told our favorite bar tender and she brought us a congratulatory cupcake as well as pins with our names on them! She was the best.

Many CMs, and guests, congratulated us when they noticed the pins, too. No judgements! We will be honeymooning in Disney next year, too :)

We honeymooed in disney world, it was great, we got the happy everafter pins and used it all around. It was great! At california grill, they even received us with champaign and a window with a perfect castle view. We can't say how awesome everyone was! And it was even before marriage equality was recognized all over.

My ex-wife and I got married in Disney World and honeymooned there, and it was wonderful. And this was years ago. The CMs are great and everyone else was really nice about it. Wear what you want! My dad said all the CMs will tell you congratulations (he works there), and speaking from experience, it was kinda amazing to be recognized as a couple in front of everyone. I loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!