Same-sex Disneyland wedding

LadyD

DIS Veteran
Hello all! My wife and I were married at Disneyland last December, and after noticing the scarcity of same-sex wedding imagery for Disneyland weddings (particularly two brides in dresses), we thought we would share our highlight reel with the boards here. Disneyland's booth at gay days has brochures that are very gentleman-centric, and I know while we were planning it was difficult for us to visualize how a Disney wedding with two brides would come together. If any of you are considering having a Disney wedding, we could not recommend it enough. Working with Disney as a same-sex couple was an absolutely magical experience, and most importantly, the nature of our relationship was a complete non-issue for them. In fact, our planner was just as excited as we were to celebrate our wedding. Hopefully Disney same-sex wedding imagery becomes more common over the coming years!

Our wedding video

Thanks for sharing! I hear so much about WDW but never thought about Disneyland weddings. It looks so intimate and magical in Fantasyland, especially while bounding through the parks in ballgowns! Love, love, love the dresses.

You are both so beautiful! Congratulations! Is that the gazebo in the area outside the DL hotel? The video is great! Were you in the park before it opened to get footage/pictures?

Thanks for sharing! I hear so much about WDW but never thought about Disneyland weddings. It looks so intimate and magical in Fantasyland, especially while bounding through the parks in ballgowns! Love, love, love the dresses.

Thank you!! Yes, DL weddings are not shared as much as WDW weddings, but they are so wonderful too! I hope more people share their DL wedding images/videos!

You are both so beautiful! Congratulations! Is that the gazebo in the area outside the DL hotel? The video is great! Were you in the park before it opened to get footage/pictures?

Thank you!! Yes that is the Rose Court Garden at the Disneyland Hotel (the bigger gazebo). We had an in-park castle shoot the morning after our wedding before park opening, and we had one of our cinema team members join our photographer to capture some video.

Thanks for sharing! Beautiful!

Been ages since I've been on the boards. We also got married at DLR last December, so our anniversary is coming up on the 5th, Walt's birthday. Trust me, that wasn't planned. We were told the day of the wedding.

We found the wedding planners to be absolutely wonderful and accomodating, even feeling like they went evern MORE out of their way to make our day special. We had a wedding at the Rose Garden as well. We arrived in Cinderella's coach. The trip around the resort was the best, with so many people cheering. We had our reception in Sleeping Beauty's Pavillion (the octagon chaped building). It was great to receive all the wonderful gifts every few weeks leading up to the wedding like cufflinks, handkerchiefs, happily ever after coins. I know they were probably initially designed for a straight couple, but they obviously broke up sets and still sent them to us. Who knows, maybe they don't have them in sets.

We were told by the planners that with the passing of at that time, gay marriage in CA, that they wanted to expand advertising and publicity to gay and lesbian couples and community. I think it's probably a way's off, but according to them, they're aware of the huge market that's out there, ready to be tapped into. I think it will happen. They're starting just by the little things I saw them do at our wedding.

A magical experience. For those interested, here's our photo's and wedding video too!

Flickr Wedding Photo Album

Wedding Video

Thanks for sharing! Beautiful!

Been ages since I've been on the boards. We also got married at DLR last December, so our anniversary is coming up on the 5th, Walt's birthday. Trust me, that wasn't planned. We were told the day of the wedding.

We found the wedding planners to be absolutely wonderful and accomodating, even feeling like they went evern MORE out of their way to make our day special. We had a wedding at the Rose Garden as well. We arrived in Cinderella's coach. The trip around the resort was the best, with so many people cheering. We had our reception in Sleeping Beauty's Pavillion (the octagon chaped building). It was great to receive all the wonderful gifts every few weeks leading up to the wedding like cufflinks, handkerchiefs, happily ever after coins. I know they were probably initially designed for a straight couple, but they obviously broke up sets and still sent them to us. Who knows, maybe they don't have them in sets.

We were told by the planners that with the passing of at that time, gay marriage in CA, that they wanted to expand advertising and publicity to gay and lesbian couples and community. I think it's probably a way's off, but according to them, they're aware of the huge market that's out there, ready to be tapped into. I think it will happen. They're starting just by the little things I saw them do at our wedding.

A magical experience. For those interested, here's our photo's and wedding video too!

Flickr Wedding Photo Album

Wedding Video

You were the wedding right before us that our planner was telling us about! Your snow pictures look gorgeous! Congrats on your first wedding anniversary coming up :) Did Jenna shoot your wedding? I LOVE your photos and video!

You were the wedding right before us that our planner was telling us about! Your snow pictures look gorgeous! Congrats on your first wedding anniversary coming up :) Did Jenna shoot your wedding? I LOVE your photos and video!
Wow small world! Thank you. Congrats on your upcoming anniversary! We actually had a few upcoming couples watching our wedding from the bushes. Was hilarious. We had Disney vows too after our regular cows which we shared with the planners as people asked for them. Jenna Hendrrson did take our pics. She amazing and we tell everyone about her!

Wow small world! Thank you. Congrats on your upcoming anniversary! We actually had a few upcoming couples watching our wedding from the bushes. Was hilarious. We had Disney vows too after our regular cows which we shared with the planners as people asked for them. Jenna Hendrrson did take our pics. She amazing and we tell everyone about her!

Sweetie of course it was hilarious with "regular cows" after all. ;) ;) <3 That day was filled with such precious memories. So are you planning the vow renewals yet so we can all get together again? ;)

Sweetie of course it was hilarious with "regular cows" after all. ;) ;) <3 That day was filled with such precious memories. So are you planning the vow renewals yet so we can all get together again? ;)

Dang typing skills. Probably be a few years before we shell out for a vow renewal. :) But we are thinking about doing anniversary photo's for our upcoming trip to Disneyland for our anniversary and do them inside the park. I guess Jenna does a lot of those. Takes only a couple hours for about 600 photo's. She knows the perfect place to get shots and make it look like no ones in the park with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter