Sam's Club discount AP

Jaimetropmickey

Travelling from far to see a mouse!
Bonjour!

Joined Sam's club yesterday online (used a Disney hotel address for the membership) to take advantage of the cheap AP's... the prices have not been updated!!! Saved close to 2,000$! When you have purchased the membership you will find the following price:

Adult (Ages 10+)
Gate price $1,119.00 + tax $72.74 = $1,191.74

Your Member Price: 865.99*

Bonjour!

Joined Sam's club yesterday online (used a Disney hotel address for the membership) to take advantage of the cheap AP's... the prices have not been updated!!! Saved close to 2,000$! When you have purchased the membership you will find the following price:

Adult (Ages 10+)
Gate price $1,119.00 + tax $72.74 = $1,191.74

Your Member Price: 865.99*
Now this is interesting. I wonder if you can join and purchase Disney Gift Cards, how that would work. Would they send the GC's to a Canadian address after the fact, do they have E-gift cards? Hmmmm, I'll have to look into that.
If you have any further information please post. And thanks for posting this.

Not sure about the gift cards... very interesting indeed! For the AP, they send it electronically an hour or so after purchase.

The best rates offered at Sams are the $50 for $46.98 and $75 for $71.98 - both about 4% off. They also have $150 for I think $144.98 and $500 for $485ish. So we've been buying the smaller denominations and combining into 1 big one on Disney's giftcard page for trip or bigger purchases. My newest credit card currently has 5% off warehouses, so this wknd, I'd like to buy some of the $50's and stack discounts.

The best rates offered at Sams are the $50 for $46.98 and $75 for $71.98 - both about 4% off. They also have $150 for I think $144.98 and $500 for $485ish. So we've been buying the smaller denominations and combining into 1 big one on Disney's giftcard page for trip or bigger purchases. My newest credit card currently has 5% off warehouses, so this wknd, I'd like to buy some of the $50's and stack discounts.
What did you do for an address for your membership? Not totally sure this would be worth the cost but I'm thinking about it.

What did you do for an address for your membership? Not totally sure this would be worth the cost but I'm thinking about it.

We already had a Plus membership with address listed for our Sams which is 1 mi away from our house in Illinois. I did wonder though with IL taxes being 9% whether it made a difference if for instance, we used my in laws membership (who's going with us on the upcoming trip) address in Michigan (6%). But if it did cost more for the taxes, we paid it. We bought our Platinum APs for late 2021 activation last night at Sams Travel site. We didn't bother (forgot) with buying through Ebates for the extra savings.

The regular membership is only like $45, and there's always promos for small gift cards and or cookie platters and such for signing up.

We already had a Plus membership with address listed for our Sams which is 1 mi away from our house in Illinois. I did wonder though with IL taxes being 9% whether it made a difference if for instance, we used my in laws membership (who's going with us on the upcoming trip) address in Michigan (6%). But if it did cost more for the taxes, we paid it. We bought our Platinum APs for late 2021 activation last night at Sams Travel site. We didn't bother (forgot) with buying through Ebates for the extra savings.

The regular membership is only like $45, and there's always promos for small gift cards and or cookie platters and such for signing up.
I think you might have missed the fact that you're talking to a bunch of Canucks! That's why the question about address! The OP mentioned using the resort address but I'm not sure how our credit cards will handle this since they won't match.

I think you might have missed the fact that you're talking to a bunch of Canucks! That's why the question about address! The OP mentioned using the resort address but I'm not sure how our credit cards will handle this since they won't match.
We were able to put in our proper address when we bought our AP vouchers. The US address was used to buy the membership since it did not let us use our canadian one.

Forgot to add... expires 2030!

Can you tell me how you found the date 2030? I tried to look on sam's website and it's nowhere in the fine print, spoke to two customer service people and a manager and they all said I could 'use it whenever I wanted to' (to which I replied I waa planning on using it in 30 years and they said that was fine 🙄)

Did you purchase it and this was included in the ticket?

Can you tell me how you found the date 2030? I tried to look on sam's website and it's nowhere in the fine print, spoke to two customer service people and a manager and they all said I could 'use it whenever I wanted to' (to which I replied I waa planning on using it in 30 years and they said that was fine 🙄)

Did you purchase it and this was included in the ticket?

I read about the 2030 expiration through the disboards. Here is a pic of the pass as it appears in MDE.

Attachments

• 20190625_082016.jpg
    20190625_082016.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 31
Great news!!!, but how did you put your Canadian address to process the credit card. I tried buying one of the gift cards last night but was denied since my credit card did not match the address.

I potentially found the answer but not sure if it works. It sounds like you may be able to add a second billing address to your credit card which can be a US address and then you will not get the deny message. I will be trying this out tonight and updating. Through RBC we have a US credit card. I would like to use this and then exchange my money through Knightbridge. We will have save a little extra not using the conversion fee on the credit card. By the way I love threads like this that help us Canadians save a few $s on our very expensive addiction.

Well we couldn't get it done. We added a US address to our credit card. Had the same address on Sam's Club it wouldn't go through. We phoned both the credit card company and Sam's Club and both could not see why it didn't work. It was worth a shot. I would love to hear how the original poster got it done. We had to be doing something wrong. Hope it works for others!

Finally got it to work. Adding the US address on credit card worked. I have completed 2 orders of the egift cards. Thank you again original poster!

Last edited:
Anyone know if Sam’s Club still has the pre increase AP price or have they upped their prices as well now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter