San Deigo Comic con 2010 Now a Trip Report

Teki

<font color=brown>Love the Indi hats!<br><font col
On July 21'st 2010 I will be going to San Deigo Comic con. The playeres in my trip report will be Myself Sid, My boyfriend Jared, My sister Cambria, My brother Austin, His girlfriend Shy, My best Friend Amanda and Possible my Friends Cody and Hayley. In my next post Ill post pics of everyone. Its gonna be a huge trip and Im pretty Darn excited.

I'm pretty excited to hear about your trip - being from Australia means mostly just dreaming of events like Comic Con... Have fun!! popcorn::

The dates: July 20th through July 25th
The Event: Comic Con international at the San Deigo convention center.
The Cast:
-The little sister: My litte sister cambria is 13 and is going to be enjoying her second trip to comic con shes super excited.
l_9ae550d40cd60f9f440313bb94628b0b.jpg

-The boyfreind: My boyfriend Jared is 24 and will be enjoying his 4th trip to the con, He cant wait to camp out in Hall H.
l_960879be1003012cd5026995e578ca84.jpg

-The best friend: My bestest friend amanda is going on her 3rd con, last year she went with out me how rude!
l_5aafc1f06007f73b200c72d9e007d7f9.jpg

-the little brother: My brother Austin is 19 he will turn 20 during th trip happy birthday to austin! :bday:
l_49918369af5df01cf353e81254adae02.jpg

-The brothers Girlfriend: My brothers girlfriend Shy, is going on her very first trip to Con lets hope she has an awesome time!
26072_421224299357_794584357_5178963_2643341_n.jpg

-The boyfriends best friend: Jareds buddy and room mate cody is driving down to san diego for the beachs, he wont be attending con, but he is coming on the trip so I included him.
l_55272fed66a44745aeab4119ad34acd0.jpg

-The friend whose not really coming?: Ok so my friend hayley is coming, but not with us, shes driveing down with some other friends and staying with them, we will probably see alot of her at the convention though
l_4be222e019e64c65a570ed3ef357ff59.jpg

-Lastly theres me: I am going to comic con for the 5th time Ive gone since 2005, but skipped 2009 and am suuuper excited this year!
l_3b2684c336cb457aa68dd34fb7078094.jpg

No not this year not enough time or money sadly :sad1:

If all goes well I will be taking the bf for his b-day next year so I'm super excited to follow your PTR and hopefully TR!

Were about a month away from con now, seems like we hae pretty much everything taken care of, we have our tickets, and parking passes (for wedsnday and sunday only) we plan to take the trolley on thursday through saturday to and from the convention. We have the hotel its slightly out of the way, but as we didnt book it last year Id say we did pretty well :-)

As far as food is concerned weve decided to hit fast food joints for dinner near the hotel and go to a grocery store to buy lunchs for at the con, witht he acception of preview night where we will be eating at Rockin Baja lobster for Austins birthday followed by cake at the hotel hopefully. He keeps changeing what he wants lol.

They havent yet posted the panels, when I do Ill try and tell you as many as the group is going to as I know, but Itll be hard to get everyones down :lmao: I did just find out that Rick Riordan is gonna be there so Cambria and I will be going to his panel and hopefully his autograph signing :banana:

Okey dokey so theres not much update I have for you guys yet, but the programming will be posted within the next two weeks so when it does youll get a big update on what programming Ill be going to see :-). For now though they have posted some of the CCI exclusive Items there arent very many I was to intrested in although there are tons, but mostly toys. What I saw and was intrested in was Muppets comic # 7 (more for cambria who loves all things muppets) Darkwing Duck # 1, Futurama # 50, WWE Hereos # 0, and also there was a peanuts view finder that I thought was pretty rad, but wont be able to get because 25 bucks for a view finder is a little much :confused3

As far as Disney exclusives since this is the disboards, Aside from the Darkwing Comic I only saw some Duck tales comics and then a whole bunch of Tron. Tron seems to have taken over the convention yesterday they posted that the banners on the stree lamps were up and they were tron so Im sure if your a tron fan there will be plenty to go round :laughing:

Thats all for now hope to report more later :3dglasses

So were a week away now and the complete programming list is posted >.<
So the panels of the cast are as follows.

Me :wizard:- Danny Elfman
Walt Disney Studios
Dc Comics
Penn and Teller
Peanuts
Pixar
Futurama
Epic Mickey
MythBusters
Rick Rioridan
Phineas and Ferb

Cambria princess:- Danny Elfman
Walt Disney Studios
Dc Comics
Bandai
Peanuts
Pixar
Futurama
Epic Mickey
MythBusters
Rick Rioridan
Phineas and Ferb

Jared popcorn::- Dead Riseing
Capcom
Penn and Teller
Twisted Metal
Pixar
Futurama
Epic Mickey

Austin and Shy :flower3::music:-Tron
Walt Disney Studios
Dc Comics
Bandai
Marvel X men
Stan Lee
Fable 3
Gears of War 3
Worst Cartoons ever
Shonen Jump
Simpsons
Thor/ Captain America

Amanda :3dglasses-Danny Elfman
Comic book Sunday
Bandai
Dark horse
Joss Whedon
Pixar
Gerrard Way
Futurama
Epic Mickey

Hayley :scratchin - Danny Elfman
Burn Notice
Psych
White collar
Our Heroes Have More Fun: the Anti-Heroes of Showtime
Dexter
Dr horrible
Dark horse
Stan Lee
Pixar
Riff Trax
Marvel Comic writers
Thor / Captain Avenger
The Women of Marvel
Glee
Sons Of Anarach/ Always Sonny
Buffy the Musical

Cody :beach:- Cody is going to the beach the whole weekend.

You will Notice hayley has the most she gets to stay all the way through sunday we are actually leaveing at 1:30. Also obviously I wont be able to report on the panels that everyone is going to mostly just my own, but Im hopeing to get pictures from all of them when we get back from the event. Well see you guys on the flip side there wont be must to report between now and then hope you guys enjoy the report when I get back.

Yay I have returned I have a little bit of time to start the TR now and Ill hopefully finish it up tommrow before I have to go back to work friday bah on work. Anyways here goes

Day 1: Tuesday July 20th
Ok so this day wasnt really a comic con day, but everyone who was going (with the exception of Cody) did come over for my brothers pool party followed by a big sleep over at Jareds before the con.

ry%3D400

cambria and I wave hello!

ry%3D400

Hayley swims

ry%3D400

heres austin blowing out his cupcakes from costco..it was like everyone got there own cake lol. also check out his very mature decor (Thomas the tank engine)

ry%3D400

austins new present!

So that was Happy Birthday Austin number one, after the party we went to see the last air bender which was unfortunatly in 3d only. I cant stand 3d also austin cant see it because hes blind in one eye its kind of a bummer for 3d shows at disney two, although he said he likes those because the effects like water etc makes him feel included. anyway on to Day 2!

Day 2 July 21
Welcome to Wedsnday this was our road trip followed by preview night day, we traveled in two cars down to comic con so Im only going to post pics of the car I was in since I only really have pics of everything else that I did lol if you want more request it Ill be happy to post away!

So to start our day we got up at 5 in the am, loaded up the cars and had muffins and bananas for breakfast and then off we went hitting the road at 6am. Cody was driving his truck and had himself, amanda, austin and shy in the car those are the pics i dont have. Jared drove his car and Cambria and I were his passengers.

ry%3D400
I tried to get a pic of her sleeping, but she opened her eyes

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

as per our tradtion we always take pics of Jared driving lol

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We arrived in san diego at 12:30 we checked in to our hotel and went grocery shopping, by 2:30 we were at the convention center getting our badges and then off to dinner.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Cambria is really excited for the Scott Pilgram so she insited we take this pic before getting our badges.

ry%3D400
On our way to Dinner Austin and Shy made a new friend he wasnt very frindly kind of cold actually :rotfl2:

Here comes happy birthday Austin Number two we took him to Rockin Lobster this mexican joint near the convention center they have great tacos and on your B day they give you free ice cream with no song.

ry%3D400

Ok thats where I have to stop for today because its time for dinner so in the next installment Austins birthday part two and preview night!

continueing on.....

Ok so we were at Austins birthday part 2 lol here he is enjoying his free birthday ice cream
ry%3D400

view.sfly

I must tell you a story about me and Wolverine, I love wolverine hes my favorite super hero he also stalks me. I always walk in to the comic book store thinking im gonna get some spidey or soem siege or Avengers, but I always come out with wolverine. at one point during the trip I even picked up a comic with spidey on the front that looked intresting it even said SPIDERMAN but when I flipped it over to read the back there was wolverine on the back. Anyway here is me outside rocking lobster where they were draying wolverine on the window :cool2:

ry%3D400

So after rockin lobster we had some time to kill before they would let us into the convention center for preview night so we explored a gift shop in gaslamp then found a place on top of the convention center to sit and play uno. At the gift store I bought a key chain that said san diego since I collect Key chains and my sister bought a package of play mustaches. She has a weird fascination with mustaches. Anyway she believes they were well worth the 4 dollars she spent just for the entertainment provided while we waitied.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Cambria and I met the sock monkey while trying to find the ladies room
ry%3D400

And now finally the moment youve all been waiting for preview night, this is when cambria and I did most our shopping because its the least crowded. Preview night was pretty awesome I bought a couple of comics, includeing my Darkwing Duck Comic Con exclusive which I was able to get signed and a couple other things.

Here is cambria with Kermit and Rizo, She absolutely loves the muppets!

ry%3D400

Here are Cambria and I with the costumes of our favorite super heros, this booth had a lot of prop replicas you could buy if you had a heck of lots of money lol they also had some replicas from snow white that were pretty cool
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I made these new friens at the Lego games booth

ry%3D400

After finishing some serious shopping we went back to our hotel and crashed it had been such a long day. Our hotel was pretty crummy though it was missing, pillows, towels, a lock on the bathroom (no not they didnt include one it had obviously been ripped out) and a do not disturb sign. it wasnt very clean and I dont recommend it, it was Super 8 on Palm Ave.

Day 3 July 22nd first day of actual con
So the first panel of the day to day was Danny Elfman I was a little afraid we wouldn't get in to this one because according to the website like 1500 people wanted in and I wasn't sure how big the room is. Much to cambrias delight (she was jumping up and down) we made in. Danny talked about his career with Tim Burton and they announced a big Cd set there are coming out with to celebrate 35 years of movies together then he answered a few Q and A questions it was really neat here are some pics of us waiting and of Danny Elfman.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I had to take these of the screen because my cameras flash was making pictures of the actually stage dark and when I took them with out the flash it was just blurry so sorry about that.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

So after Danny Elfman people sort of split ways Amanda was off to the con floor for a couple hours and then to another panel Jared went to see Dead Rising panel and Cambria and I were off to the Walt disney Studios Tangled panel. When we got there there was two panels before us and we didnt wann see Xplay so we went to the floor for a bit and returned just in time to get in. I only have two pics because of all the new stuff they were showing us they wouldnt let us take any pics during the panel. Here are some pics of our adventures on our way to and at the panel.

Batman number one, cambria was trying to make a montage of all the diffrent batmans, but I think we only got up to 5
ry%3D400

YOSHI!
ry%3D400

Me and Spidey :cool2:

ry%3D400

Here I am with some of the Inglorious Besterds (Disclosure: The Gentleman who is dressed as a Nazi is not ment in anyway to be offesnsive he is dressed as the villian from the movie inglorious Besterds)

ry%3D400

Here is Fry, Bender and My self Futurama is my favorite tv show (that and pushing daises but pushing daises was wrongfully canceled...well so was futurama but they brought it back! so yay!)
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Ok so here are the two pics of the Tangled Panel. The panel it self was pretty great We saw tons of character development art as well as clips from the movie! At the end we also received a Tangle lithograph which was exclusive for con and numbered :love:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After that panel we were off to the DC comics 75th Aniversary panel, first however we walked to the Marriot to retrieve our lithograph from the fulfillment room. On the way we saw tons more characters as well as bubble people, there was an add for a movie called skyline on front of the Marriott and it had people riseing from the ground toward the sky. The movie had hired a copmpany to make bubbles shapped like people it was pretty rad. The next pics are the characters we saw as well as the bubble people and the panel.

Batman 2

ry%3D400

Bubble people

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Cambria and her favorite batmand villainous Harley Quinn

ry%3D400

Here is the Dc Panel where they talked about Dcs long history as well as announcing this HUGE book they are coming out with thats gonna talk about all 75 years of DC art. Now Ive always been a bit of a Marvel girl myself, but I love both Dc and Marvel so this was alot of fun :-)

ry%3D400

wrote the original batman
ry%3D400

After the Ds Panel Cambria and I met up with Amanda and Jared, Amanda took Cambria to see the Bandai Panel and Jared and I were off to see Penn and Teller We had to wait in a really long line to see penn and teller but we did get in and our seats were pretty close. It was great the panel was about there career togtehr and they answered all kinds of questions and Teller even spoke it was awesome!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

after that we took the trolley back to the hotel all togther, we had some burgers from a place called Rallys for dinner and ever one slept again it was a great first day at con.

Thats all for now, Ill try and post a little more later on today :3dglasses

Great report - this is the first year I haven't been in ages and so I'm getting a little vicarious fix from you!

Ok sorry this took so long in comeing Ive been super busy with work, birthdays, prepareing for the new semester whew, anyway here is another segement in my trip report hope you enjoy!

Day 4, Friday day 2 of the convention,

On Friday we went to see the Peanuts and Pixar panels, Peanuts turns 60 this year. Pixar didnt have anything new to present, however they did give a lot of good info about the pixar process. On this day Cambria is wearing her Harajuku girl costume.

ry%3D400

Here she is in her costume in the crummy hotel room.

On Thursday through Saturday we rode the trolly to the convention center here we are rideing it!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The orange line trolley drops you off right infront of the convention center the station there had sort of a problem

ry%3D400

We had plenty of time before the first panel which was the peanuts panel so we headed to the con floor. First Cambria wanted to get her free batman lanyard from the dc games booth, then Cambria Amanda and Jared all wanted to play the new Kingdom hearts demo. We also so the fish from the new animated movie Rango.

ry%3D400

Cambria with batman AND catwomen because she was to polite to tell cat women to bug off lol catwomen is her least favorite character.

ry%3D400

Jared plays the new batman demo while we wait for the lanyards.

ry%3D400

Here is the game they all wanted to play, now I know I should really like these games aftger all there loaded with disney characters, but for some reason I always loose intrest halfway through them :confused: I think it must be the final fantasy aspect cause Im not a big fan of those games I dunno really.

Anywhere heres them all playing the demo

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

and here is cambria with the fish from rango

ry%3D400

After that we split up to go to our seperate panels, Cambria and I still had some more time so we hung out on the floor for a while longer, we saw another batman and Jesse she even had the pull string! We also so Woody, Bo peep, Iron man (sorta it was a statue) and Captian Jack.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

So then it was off to the 60 years of peanuts panel which was amazing I love Peanuts, snoopy is my number two dude, right under mickey and just above wolverine lol anyway at the panel we met this guy....

ry%3D400

Thats right he is taking pictures of the panel useing his Nintendo DS XL which is the biggest in the Ds world...:sad2: we couldnt see for like the first 20 minutes of the panel, I asked him politley to lower it or stop cambria asked then I asked again and then....cambria kicked his chair :rolleyes1 and then he stopped.

At anyrate the panel was pretty great we learned that in honor of 60 years of peanuts they are going to bring back the animated specials started with a new one comeing out called Happiness is a warm blanket charlie brown. We saw clips from it and lots of story boarding I think its gonna bre pretty amazing. Here is some pics of the panel

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Next up is the pixar panel now like I said this wasnt about anything new basically they talked about how Up came to be and the process pixar uses to make there movies. To be honest the process seems super intense :scared1:

ry%3D400

Cambria met harley in line
ry%3D400

after this panel we headed back to the trolley then back to the hotel we had a quick dinner at subway and then headed to the movie theatre to see dispicable me which I totally loved. After that it was back to the hotel for more sleeping yay!

That was pretty much it for Friday in the next post Ill talk about saturday hopefully ill be able to put it up this week some time anyway TTFN ta ta for now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter