San Diego Disney Wonder - Airport Question

Hmmmm there are no Disney buses in SD.... not sure if they have any set up but don't think so.... did you call DCL? Everyone I know is just taking like Uber.... the airport is about 10 minutes away if that... and that's with lights... it's a straight drive from airport to port....

We actually just took a city bus to the airport when we finished our cruise. Got off the boat, crossed the street (actually crossed the street then let the kids play at the awesome playground nearby since we were in no rush), then hopped on a bus for I think $2 per adult. Maybe 10 minutes, right to the airport. Super easy.

You could take the city bus. It’s a very short trip on the 992. It’s $2.25 per person (exact change). It picks up outside baggage claim at terminal 1 & 2 and you get off at N Harbor Dr & 1140 (B St Cruise Ship).

We actually just took a city bus to the airport when we finished our cruise. Got off the boat, crossed the street (actually crossed the street then let the kids play at the awesome playground nearby since we were in no rush), then hopped on a bus for I think $2 per adult. Maybe 10 minutes, right to the airport. Super easy.

Oops. I guess I was typing while you responded. You’re right on. That’s the way I would go.

Thanks everyone! I'm actually here at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. I'm going to Uber over to Port this afternoon. Thank you ALL for your help! It's so different than going out of Port Canaveral! And I did practically zero research before flying out yesterday. YIKES!

Hmmmm there are no Disney buses in SD.... not sure if they have any set up but don't think so.... did you call DCL?

From our experience this spring, on disembarking in San Diego after the WBPC, I can tell you that there is a DCL sponsored bus from the port to the airport. I would assume (but do not know this to be true) those same buses would then take the next group of cruisers from the airport to the port.

I can also tell you that if you have some time to kill, it's totally not worth $35 per person. We did it because it was our first experience in San Diego. Next time we will take a cab and save a bundle.

From our experience this spring, on disembarking in San Diego after the WBPC, I can tell you that there is a DCL sponsored bus from the port to the airport. I would assume (but do not know this to be true) those same buses would then take the next group of cruisers from the airport to the port.

I can also tell you that if you have some time to kill, it's totally not worth $35 per person. We did it because it was our first experience in San Diego. Next time we will take a cab and save a bundle.
I am actually headed to Disneyland from here. I'm here on a TA trip so Disney has arranged for that for us.

DCL has transportation between the airport and the cruise terminal. It was $25 per person earlier this year.

Just as a follow-up to this, it was a super easy thing to deal with. I Uber'd from my hotel (Manchester Grand) for under $10. Took a few minutes and without luggage would have been an easy walk.
If anyone has any questions about this port, please let me know. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Just a heads up, in San Diego Lyft is usually a better choice than Uber, not only are they less expensive, the drivers are nicer and they treat their drivers better.

But you can definitely do public transportation as well. Even a Taxi will run you no more than about $15 and that is if you hit every single red light. Really, it is almost (not quite) walking distance.

Just a heads up, in San Diego Lyft is usually a better choice than Uber, not only are they less expensive, the drivers are nicer and they treat their drivers better.

But you can definitely do public transportation as well. Even a Taxi will run you no more than about $15 and that is if you hit every single red light. Really, it is almost (not quite) walking distance.

I have found that Lyft anywhere is almost always a better experience than Uber. Even people who drive for both - a couple of the drivers I had in Miami/Miami Beach drive for both, and both of them said that if they get a Lyft request and an Uber request at about the same time, they will almost always take the Lyft request first.

Walking is an option for some, it is 2.5 miles, so there are those that can't and those that won't want to do that distance with luggage in tow, but really it is super close, do not pay $25+ per person to ride on a bus with Disney, it isn't worth it in my opinion, a cab will be cheaper and you get a private vehicle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter