San Diego & DL trip

jilliemom

Mouseketeer
Looking to go to SD for 3 nights and then onto DL for 4 nights. Planning on flying into SD airport and stay at the del Coronado. Will we need a rental car or are there airport shuttles. When we go to DL is there any type of shuttle service to get us to Anaheim? Trying to avoid renting a car since parking not free at hotel. Thanks!

Driving up from San Diego to DL is a pretty nice ride! Any way you can rent that morning you are transferring up to DL and drop off? San Diego and Anaheim count as the same area with the major rental car companies.

The Del has a shuttle to/from the San Diego airport. Don't know the cost as we took a taxi on 2 of our trips. On the 3rd we rented at the airport since a week rental was cheaper than a 4 day from San Diego/Coronado to drive to Huntington Beach & back even with parking. Of course the prior trip renting for 4 days at Coronado to drive up to Huntington Beach &back to San Diego was cheaper. A lot depends on what is going on in the area. The trip we rented for the whole week a big convention was in San Diego and the Del had a big conference. Just go online & start pricing all your options to figure what is best.

What? Have you ever driven this? It can be a nightmare of traffic.

Yes. Done mid-week transfers, usually leaving the San Diego area around 9 or 10 a.m. and also a Sunday departure up to Anaheim around 7 a.m. It took a couple hours or slightly less. Maybe it's just me, but I don't expect to have the freeway to myself, being in two major metropolitan areas. (Though that one Sunday ride, I basically did. :car: )

Worth considering taking the train if you do not wish to rent a car. Take the Coronado ferry to the ferry station, cross the street and you are at the train station. Once in Anaheim, you can use ART.

Driving we usually leave at 5:30 AM from San Diego and make a 7 AM arrival. Leaving Disney when it closes we can make it home in about 70 minutes. It has taken me 3+ hours in the past however with traffic.

Might be worth renting a car if you wish to see San Diego. Coronado is isolated, San Diego is spread out, taxis are very expensive and we lack public transportation infrastructure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter