San Diego Hotels

princessap

DIS Veteran
Looking for family friendly hotels in San diego for a few nights....although I would love to splurge we can't so am looking for reasonable prices....we will be there a few days to enjoy the beach and the zoo.
Thanks!

We’re staying at the gas lamp Residence Inn in a few weeks for a dance convention. Seems decent to me. Middle of summer and just after Comic-Con, prices are 259/night, which seems ok given that they have breakfast, too.

Airbnb is also an option if you’re brave enough! There are tons of nice condos downtown and lots of rentals. I’m just not brave enough.

San Diego hotels are expensive!! We're not the type that can afford $259 a night! I mostly use Hotwire Hot Rates for good deals or occasionally bid on Priceline. Our last stay mid June was at Courtyard by Marriott about 5 miles north of the Zoo or Sea World. Paid $85/night using Hotwire. I generally am able to get 3 or 4 star hotels for $65-$120/night in San Diego.

San Diego hotels are expensive!! We're not the type that can afford $259 a night! I mostly use Hotwire Hot Rates for good deals or occasionally bid on Priceline. Our last stay mid June was at Courtyard by Marriott about 5 miles north of the Zoo or Sea World. Paid $85/night using Hotwire. I generally am able to get 3 or 4 star hotels for $65-$120/night in San Diego.

I might take a peek around hotwire to check that out.

But given that my own particular stay is immediately after comic-con (where hotels are generally sold out at HUGE costs long in advance), and I *have to* be in the convention center area for my dancer, my choices are few and far between. I could have gotten a bit cheaper elsewhere at the convention rate at a fancier hotel, but there's no kitchen. We have a full kitchen, which will reduce food costs a LOT, because he eats a ton of food during these things.

Probably a similar situation for princessap.

Not to mention the dance thing used to be held in Long Beach, which, in July, is actually MORE expensive and with fewer options! I feel that Long Beach makes Disneyland seem cheap in comparison!

We exclusively stay in rental homes in San Diego. We often find places on Mission Beach that are just a few back from the beach and run around hotel rates (or in that area). Then we can prepare some easy meals and save that way. The hotels in SD seem expensive.

I have a friend who stayed at Comfort Inn and Suites and said it was good. I booked Quality Inn and Suites San Diego SeaWorld Area for my upcoming trip. It was cheaper to book directly than use Expedia and pay in Canadian.

We’ve had two nights at residence inn so far and it’s really good.

Breakfast is eggs and fruit and oatmeal, first day potatoes and second day fajita veggies with tortillas, and a couple types of sausage that people seemed to enjoy. Toast, bagels, and make your own Golden Malted waffles (what mickey waffles are made from).

My studio (with queen and sofa bed) is comfy. Except for the dreaded frosted glass barn-style bathroom door.

Little stovetop, little dishwasher, big fridge. Microwave (possible convection oven).

Super-convenient to gaslamp and convention center.

Some fellow dance people got the convention rate at Omni, of 244, but parking is 50/night and they don’t even have a mini fridge.

Lots of trade offs. SD is expensive. Let’s not talk about the $14 Baileys and cream I had the first night lol.

I booked the Best Western Bayside via Orbitz and felt that it was a good deal. We haven't completed the stay yet, but the location looks good and includes breakfast which is pretty good from experience at other BW locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!