San Diego (Pacific Beach) to Anaheim morning drive times

Chanty30

Earning My Ears
We're staying in the Pacific Beach area of San Diego and will be driving to Anaheim (hotel on S Harbor Blvd) on 3 May (Wednesday). What would be the best time to leave, considering we'd be visiting DCA (with Genie+) on that day?

The route will be busy as it is a work day. No time is best, other than mid day before and after rush hours.

Even with clear traffic it’s going to take nearly two hours. I’ve made the drive once before New Year’s Day so traffic wasn’t that bad, but it was like weekend traffic (still bad) when I got to OC. My insight might not be ideal since it also rained heavily and there were jams due to spin out crashes.

I'm trying to remember what we did. I think we went one morning from San Diego to Anaheim as an off day, but it might have been closer to midday when we left. Unless there's an accident, it's typically pretty clear driving between La Jolla and maybe San Juan Capistrano.

I'm trying to remember what we did. I think we went one morning from San Diego to Anaheim as an off day, but it might have been closer to midday when we left. Unless there's an accident, it's typically pretty clear driving between La Jolla and maybe San Juan Capistrano.

We just did this drive a couple weeks ago and it took us 2 hours 20 minutes to get to Irvine from San Diego. There was a 6 vehicle crash in Carlsbad that delayed us by an hour. We left at 10:30am.

The traffic always backs up as you get closer to Carlsbad. Just drove to San Diego on Sunday. Painful.

An update: we left at 9AM for the drive from San Diego / Pacific Beach to Anaheim (S. Harbor Boulevard). No big issues. Took us 1.5 hours. Now, driving from Santa Monica to LAX on Saturday afternoon took us 45 minutes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter