San Diego Zoo and Safari Park starting June 15

Evita_W

DIS Veteran
I just got an email from the San Diego Zoo that as of June 15:
  • No masks required (it is recommended, but not required to be be fully vaccinated)
  • No COVID screening questions
  • No reservations required
  • The bus tour at the zoo and tram at the Safari Park will reopen
  • Special experience tours will no longer be limited to a single household
  • A new hummingbird exhibit and real-life dragon exhibit will debut.
  • Private events can be booked again
This is the first zoo or park in Southern California that I have seen give that level of detail, but hopefully it won't be the last.

Does anyone know if we can buy tickets at the zoo or only online?
I am not sure if you can buy them at the gate to say with certainty...though, I wouldn't see why not. You most definitely can buy them online. They don't require reservations anymore, which is why I would think you can purchase there. They do have the lines open with employees at the windows.

I am not sure if you can buy them at the gate to say with certainty...though, I wouldn't see why not. You most definitely can buy them online. They don't require reservations anymore, which is why I would think you can purchase there. They do have the lines open with employees at the windows.
Thank you!

Does anyone know if we can buy tickets at the zoo or only online?

We bought our zoo tickets at the gate last Saturday. It was a better deal for us to buy them at the gate because the AAA discount is only offered at the gate, not online. 10% off times 4 adult tickets may not be much compared to a total vacation budget but is still nice to have.

We bought our zoo tickets at the gate last Saturday. It was a better deal for us to buy them at the gate because the AAA discount is only offered at the gate, not online. 10% off times 4 adult tickets may not be much compared to a total vacation budget but is still nice to have.
Thank you! Used the AAA discount yesterday. Went at 9am and only 2 people in front of us to purchase.
410BB5E3-1DA5-4C83-AC74-318BAC33C180.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter