San Diego

Kkb0517

Mouseketeer
Headed out to Disneyland next April, going to visit sea Diego as well to go to the zoo and sea world - anyone have suggestions for hotels near there? Will have a rental car

Headed out to Disneyland next April, going to visit sea Diego as well to go to the zoo and sea world - anyone have suggestions for hotels near there? Will have a rental car
Check out hotel circle in San Diego. If I remember correctly the area is close with easy access to most attractions.

I don't have advice of where to stay, but I will not recommend the Mission Bay La Quinta Inn & Suites at all. Very rude and unprofessional staff, and management. Yelp reviews warned me before, but after going there I can confirm those reviews. We came back after our 2nd day out to find the room had not been cleaned, when we asked why and if they could clean it now they said our DND sign was on the door and it was not, then told us the cleaning staff had gone home, no other option or compensation. Hey for a day it's a not really a big deal, but for we were paying it was not good. That night I found a previous guest had hung up their kids socks inside the lap shade, I guess to dry off. They never bothered to take the plastic wrap off the clock radio either. So yeah don't stay there. I should have known better after reading the Yelp reviews.

I'm a Hilton person, so a little bias coming: Hilton Bayfront(Tall Tower with Blue Windows) is right across the street from Petco Park. Very enjoyable to catch a Padres game and walk back to your hotel. A little closer to the center of everything though is a new Hilton Garden Inn off of Taylor St, and right next to Old Town(with one of my favorite restaurants Casa Guadalajara).

If you have an extra day, I'd highly recommend trying to see the Safari Park in Escondido. Huge enclosures with the animals walking around, and since you're going in April, the weather will be perfect. During summertime it's frequently over 100 at that park.

Just recommending that you stay at an Anaheim hotel when visiting Disneyland and then move to a Sandiego hotel (or vice versa). The two areas are not close enough.

I agree with staying in Anaheim for Disney. I was in Anaheim/San Diego last week and drove back and forth to fly back out of LAX. On the way down to San Diego from the DL area it took 90 minutes. On the way back to LAX it took well over 3 hours. As far as where to say in San Diego we stayed in the Hard Rock in the Gas Lamp Quarter and had a good time but that was a trip without the kids. For our last Family trip we stayed at the Best Western Island Palms on Shelter Island. Although a little off the beat and path this was the nicest Best Western I have ever seen. Travel to Sea World, Coronado, La Jolla and Downtown wasn't too bad in our opinion.

Planning to go to San Diego maybe at the end of August, what hotels are most Disney like out there? I think I like the looks of the Hyatt Regency.

Planning to go to San Diego maybe at the end of August, what hotels are most Disney like out there? I think I like the looks of the Hyatt Regency.
Not sure what you mean by Disney like. If it is most themed, I would recommend:
Hotel del Coronado
Hilton Mission Bay Resort and Spa
Paradise Point Resort and Spa
Legoland Hotel

We've done lots of trips when the kids were smaller to San Diego. I did not like hotel circle, that is the "i-drive" of the area to me and there are many other options that I think are move fun and family friendly.

Hilton Mission Bay is pretty and convenient.
Bahia Resort is my favorite, hands down.
There are a few others in Mission Beach/Pacific Beach that are convenient to the attractions, but Bahia has a riverboat that does evening cruises (family friendly for the first loop) in the bay. Walk to Mission Beach. Mission Bay beach is at the hotel. Lots of good family friendly restaurants in walking distance too. That is my pick for every trip... The rooms are a bit older, but well maintained.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!