San Fran with a four year old

My son was 5 when we went to San Fran and we stayed at the Marriot on Fishermans Wharf and we thought it was great. Very handy and we prefer it to the city as there is more to do on the wharf, plus the city is a tram ride away which is part of the fun of San Fran. I second the Exploratorium the kids loved it, very interactive for all ages. You can take an easy bus ride to get there as well.

THe kids enjoyed walking the bridge, we walked half way up and back again, but you can go just a little way up, and we had a picnic under very close to the bridge in the picnic tables which was one of the highlights of our trip, the view is amazing. :thumbsup2

- Ghiradelli square for an amazing sundae
- Pier 39- make sure you walk back behind the stores so your 4 year old can see all of the crazy sea lions
- California Academy of Science (it's a little pricey- I think $25 for adults, not sure of the kids price)
- Exploratorium is great!
- Golden Gate park has paddle boats that you can rent on Stow Lake, or bikes to rent (the silly ones the whole family rides on)
- Golden Gate park also has The Japanese Tea Garden which is fun...if your child is a girl. Boys might not think it's so neat. And they have The Children's Playground, which is just a huge playground if they need to get out some energy.
- Alcatraz is fun (but it might be better for a little bit older than 4). Beware of the wax Museum and Ripleys Believe it or not. They are funny, but I have taken 5 year olds in there when I worked for a summer camp and it was too scary for them.
-Ocean Beach is fun (not for swimming though...just enjoying the view)
- The zoo is pretty good.
- ride in a cable car (but be ready for a long line!)

As a 4 year old, my favorite things in SF were definitely the top four things on this list :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter