San Francisco restaurant recommendations

SA mom

DIS Veteran
My daughters and I are going to San Francisco on a school trip. The tour is planned out by the tour companies, but on 3 days, they are taking us to Pier 39 for lunch on our own. Any recommendations for inexpensive restaurants within walking distance (10-15 minutes) from the Pier? We are foodies and not interested in eating at chain restaurants unless they are local favorites.

My daughters and I are going to San Francisco on a school trip. The tour is planned out by the tour companies, but on 3 days, they are taking us to Pier 39 for lunch on our own. Any recommendations for inexpensive restaurants within walking distance (10-15 minutes) from the Pier? We are foodies and not interested in eating at chain restaurants unless they are local favorites.
If you like old-school seafood, I suggest Scoma’s on Fisherman’s Wharf. It’s a short walk from Pier 39.

I second Scoma's. Alioto's is also a good choice. If your kids aren't into seafood there's an In and Out Burger at Jefferson and Taylor. As far as this Californian is concerned In N Out is regional fine dining

The ferry building is about a ten minute walk - El Porteno, Cowgirl Creamery, Gott's Roadside, and a whole host of other goodies are in there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!