San Francisco - Suggestions Please

mm126

Mouseketeer
We will be visiting San Francisco next summer and I have reserved the Hyatt at the Wharf. Any recommendations on tour companies? We will be there for 3 full days. Thanks!

I highly recommend the walking tour that takes you from the wharf, up to Columbus all the way to China Town. Columbus is one of the few streets that runs diagonally in the city. We found the information in the AAA tour guide several years ago.

Plan to get a 3 day Muni pass, good for unlimited travel on cable cars, F-line trolley, and Muni buses. With a single cable car ride at $5 a pop, $18 for a 3 day pass is a steal.

Oh the Hyatt is a great hotel in a great location, we stayed there two years ago as the refurb was going on and had a new room which was really nice. Knuckles bar is ideal for a snack and drink plus breakfast is nice.

Just be sure if you want to go to Alcatraz to book in advance it does get booked up :)

Claire ;)

Rent a bicycle, ride across the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito (sp?) and take the ferry back.
The public library does guided walking tours for FREE!

I would recommend the Grey Line sightseeing bus tour around SF. You can get on and off along the way to see things more in depth and it is a good introduction to the city.

You must tour Alcatraz, it's a great half day tour and the boat ride gets you out on the Bay for a different look at the city.

There is a nice Victorian Home Walk tour that leaves daily from Union Square. It is 2 1/2 hours spent walking through some lovely homes in Pacific Heights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter