SAN FRANCISCO to Disneyland what to do in between

Eeyore Blues has it down. Perfect plan, hwy. 1. The only things I can add are in Carmel eat at Casanovas, great Italian food. I prefer Carmel over Monterey if you are short on time. Do the 17 mile drive through Pebble Beach, spectacular. Also, definitely San Luis Obispo, great college town and drive out to Avila Beach, it reminds me of Old Key West Resort at WDW. Also, Morro Bay is closeby and Dorn's is a great restaurant. Downtown Disney is a blast, enjoy every minute.

This all seems to be very good information as I was considering going the other direction.......flying into LA then driving to SF via the coastal route. If we did go that route, what would be the good overnight stopping points. We had heard about the Madonna Inn and wondered if that would be a good place to stay. If I can try to hijack this thread any more........anyone have any hotel recommendations for SF? I don't mind spending money for a really nice place, but I don't want to get too crazy. We would like a nice room in a good location that has easy access to shopping, sightseeing, etc.

:)

Were doing a road trip this year too but not DL:sad1: To many refurbs going on. We are starting in LV and staying for 3 days, then driving to SF for 3 days and then heading back to GC for 2 days and then hoover dam and back to LV. I can't wait and seeing on hear what the scenery will be like is getting me more excited about it. I have never seen the west coast and can't wait till March.:yay:

This thread is exactly what I was coming on to post - we're WDW veterans but DH has a training in Santa Clara and DS and I are coming along to make it a vacation once finished. We're planning to fly into San Francisco and out of John Wayne to get home if it made sense - and sounds like it might...!

We are going to the US for 2 weeks (staying at Disneyland for 1 of them) and would have loved to see a lot more of the country, but trying to cram just a few things into the second week was hard enough! We're spending the entire 1st week in Anaheim, then flying up to San Fran for 3 night, flying into Vegas and hiring a car to drive out to the Grand Canyon. We'll be at the Grand Canyon for 3 nights, doing a mule ride :) Then drive back to Vegas and spend our last night there before flying back to LA for the return flight to Melbourne.

Trying to fit the Grand Canyon into our trip certainly made our planning more difficult, and we had to compromise by not driving between Anaheim and San Fran which I think we would have both really enjoyed. But we're not sure we'll ever get to America again and the Grand Canyon was on our 'must' list. I would probably recommend for people who live a bit closer (ie in America lol!) to just do SoCal, then go to the Grand Canyon another time. Having said that, if you're only planning to spend a couple of days at Disneyland, it would mean more time for doing other things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts