San Francisco

soccer32

Mouseketeer
My 10 year old daughter and I will be on our own for a few hours while my husband and son will be at a baseball game. We will be dropped off at Fisherman's Wharf. What places/restaurants do you suggest? We wil already be doing a duck tour, alcatrez tour, and riding cable cars as a family. Thanks:)

If you like seafood Bubba Gump is really good!!!! Or the Hard Rock Cafe is right there. There is also a small aquarium there, it's small but nice to visit. I personally like to just wander the shops, there are so many unique places to go and things to look at/buy.

Go to Ghiradelli Square and get an ice cream sundae together there.

At Pier 39, you can go into the aquarium.

If you run out of stuff to do, it isn't that far (especially by taxi) to Palace of Fine Arts and the Exploratorium.

Go to Ghiradelli Square and get an ice cream sundae together there.

At Pier 39, you can go into the aquarium.

If you run out of stuff to do, it isn't that far (especially by taxi) to Palace of Fine Arts and the Exploratorium.
I second a visit to the Exploratorium:thumbsup2

Eats at the Wharf:
We like the sourdough bread bowls with clam chowder
We also have to have fresh cracked crab and usually get it from one of the street vendors.

We do like the Fishermans Grotto http://www.fishermensgrotto.com/
and
Aliotos Restaurant http://www.aliotos.com/ but we are old school.
These are the restaurants I went to as a kid and that is where I take my kids. There are so many new places in the area.

If you do the exploratorium, make sure you head across the street to the beach under the bridge. It's one of the most beautiful sights I saw during my time there.

Also, make sure you get your alcatraz tickets well in advance. I went during spring break last year and stayed five days. Didn't get advance alcatraz tickets and didn't get to go to the island because they were booked up the entirety of my trip.

Depending on how much time you have, you may want to go to the Muir Woods--the Redwoods are beautiful. Gray Line runs tours straight from the Wharf to the Woods and back.

Thanks for all of the replies. I got a lot of grest ideas. We did order our Alcatraz tickets monhts ago. We are doing the night tour. If anyone thinks of anything else please feel free to add your ideas. Thanks.

Thanks for all of the replies. I got a lot of grest ideas. We did order our Alcatraz tickets monhts ago. We are doing the night tour. If anyone thinks of anything else please feel free to add your ideas. Thanks.
The night tour is money well spent! We did it a couple of years ago

You wouldn't be far from Coit Tower either. It has been a while since I was up there, but I remember it being quite pretty. The F Car trolley from the Castro District to Fisherman's Wharf goes within sight of it. I don't know whether any of the wild parrots are still there, but I do remember some of the paths around the tower having nice vegetation. The sidewalk up to the tower takes you right past the front doors of some of the people living on Telegraph Hill, but they are pretty calm about all of that foot traffic.

The building that looks familiar is in California Adventure. It's where the Golden Dreams movie is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter