Sanaa just for bread service?

Carolynleanne

Canadian Disney mom
Is it offensive or inconsiderate to make a Sanaa reservation just for bread service and bowls of soup for our family?

It is your table so you can do as you please, though from a server perspective you certainly wouldn't be their most lucrative table. I'd suggest eating quickly and not lingering or perhaps just trying the bread service from their lounge.

We could, but we would have three small children with us. I figured we’d get the bread service and then each of the kids a bowl of soup to go with... they may not offer that in the lounge?

i think it’s totally okay. weve done it before. sometimes we add an appie, sometimes we have a drink or two. but sometimes we just get the bread service.

in all these cases, we tip more. when we order just the bread service, we tip somewhere around 50%+. it’s not a rule, but its what i think is appropriate.

We could, but we would have three small children with us. I figured we’d get the bread service and then each of the kids a bowl of soup to go with... they may not offer that in the lounge?

Last time I was there, families seemed to be eating off the regular menu in the lounge so I'm assuming soup would be fine. I also would not hesitate to reserve a table, if you're more comfortable with that, and just tip well. We did nearly the same thing at LeCellier last week; ordered poutine and soup only, tipped well, and were in and out of the restaurant in less than 45 minutes so our waiter could flip the table quickly.

I was planning on doing the same thing for a lunch. So, is the lounge open at lunch and if it is do we need reservations there? Does it also have an area to see the animals while you eat? It seems like it would be more convenient for us if we could just do bread and an app at the lounge.

I was planning on doing the same thing for a lunch. So, is the lounge open at lunch and if it is do we need reservations there? Does it also have an area to see the animals while you eat? It seems like it would be more convenient for us if we could just do bread and an app at the lounge.

you can’t see animals from the lounge. you also can’t see them from most of the restaurant. there are a few tables with great views, a few more with a bit of a view, and most have no view. but you could spend as much time as you want before/after eating outside doing some animal watching.

We love Sanaa and try to go every trip. All DD16 likes is the bread service and dessert. She doesn’t eat all the bread, so there is a bit for me. I don’t want to stuff myself, and honestly I really want to save room for dessert when we’re there, so I’ll typically order the kids butter chicken. Usually it’s not a problem at all, and I’ve never had an issue with the server seeming bothered by it, until our last visit. When we placed our order, our server was instantly, different. She went from happy and bubbly to irritated and rushed. Instantly. I told her right away “I want to leave room for dessert, too” and that did seem to perk her up a little.

We went to Sanaa with the best of intentions yet we were so full after the bread service. We didn't linger after the meal and left our server a generous tip. That's what I would do again, looking back. Do go, it was one of the best meals of our entire trip!

It is totally ok. As a guest, you can order and eat as you please. My daughter is a small eater so we ordered the bread service and one meal to split and didn't feel bad at all. As it was, we ended up having half of it packed up for a snack later. Our server, was amazing and didn't seem the least off put by our small order.

DH and I will be celebrating our anniversary with a late (9:15) ADR at Sanaa on 3/5, and plan on getting just the bread service and dessert. Last time we were at Sanaa we ended up with so much food even though we only ordered one entree and the bread service! Talk about stuffed...but SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!

Absolutely fine to just do bread service and soup. We do it every time for lunch. Between the bread service, the soup (or sometimes a salad), and a couple of glasses of wine, it's a stunning simple but delicious meal that is, for Disney, a relative bargain. We tip our server nicely, too. Have fun!

Just curious , I too like Sanaa but the bread service is really that special? Don’t most people have an Indian restaurant near them ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter