Sandals at water parks on slides?

sherry7

DIS Veteran
Hi DIS'ers. We will be going to WDW in September, and plan on spending one day at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. Are the Teva type sandals (rubber soles with nylon and velcro straps) allowed on the water slides at these parks? DH doesn't like the normal water shoes (aqua socks), and would rather wear sandals instead. I had naturally assumed that it would be okay, but today we went to a local water park. They allowed water shoes on the slides, but not any sandals. It was a real pain to leave them, because then you had to walk back around from the exit to retrieve them. Does anyone know what Disney's policy is? Thanks.

Sherry7

At Typhoon Lagoon in June, we just had to take our sandals off and slip them onto our hands while sliding down.

FYI- My feet were quite mutilated from all the walking at parks, so I ended up going barefoot at the water park to give them a break.
I was pleasantly suprised that the concrete wasn't too hot and rough as I walked around.

Kristi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter