Sandals on Harry Potter and Forbidden Journey?

TikiTikiFan

DIS Veteran
We’ve only been to Universal once over the holiday season and last time I wore tennis shoes.

Since your feet dangle on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey what do they make you do with your sandals? I live in my Birkenstocks in the summer but then remembered the feet dangling on the ride and thought I’d better check. I figured I’d just hold them when the ride starts? I doubt they’d fly off but since they’re $100 sandals I don’t want to risk it ha!

Also, does it feel as hot at universal as it does at Disneyland? I can’t remember how shaded it was.

Sit in a chair with your sandals on and shake your leg hard. If they don't come off you should be fine.

Yes, Universal is significantly hotter than Disneyland as it is located in the San Fernando Valley. Most of the attraction queues are under shade or indoors but many of the foot paths have very little shade.

We went on with flip flops. I definitely gripped my toes hard and wasn’t sure I was going to keep the flip flops. Luckily, we did, but I won’t do that again. (We wore sneakers in the mornings, but switched to flip flops for times we went back for short evening touring).

We've worn flip flops several times. I usually just do the toe grip and haven't lost one yet, but my son takes them off and sits on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!