SantaCon - I don't get it

It's no fun for law enforcement either. Not to mention these drunken idiots are dressed as
Santa. Real nice for little kids to see Santa urinating in public places and wreaking havoc on the streets of NYC.

Or Mardi Gras or Cinco de Mayo.

Another excuse for some to drink excessively and cause trouble. (I'm sure most of the revelers don't create problems, but there's always the minority who do.)

We did Santa Con for several years until just last year...yes, you always have a few idiots - (most of whom come out much later at night.) For the first few hours though, it's wonderful.

Thousands of santas hanging out, strolling around - the surprised/puzzled looks from others, then big smiles. It's like holiday halloween - everyone in different holiday costumes... many quite creative and funny. Many of us hand out candy canes. It can be a really nice event.

Our area never really has any major problems - just a few that get too drunk. Again late at night after 1am or so. I usually leave by then.

It's no fun for law enforcement either. Not to mention these drunken idiots are dressed as
Santa. Real nice for little kids to see Santa urinating in public places and wreaking havoc on the streets of NYC.
thDU2MNBXO.jpg

I've managed to plan my annual holiday trip to NYC on Santa Con day a few times. This year I noticed it on the train and near Grand Central, but not many other places. They managed to move it down to the East Village and end it around Times Square it looks like. So I was able to avoid it by mostly sticking to midtown and a little up the East Side. Everyone I saw was fairly behaved too.

A cute moment though was when some Santa Con-ers were standing on a corner outside the train station. A few were figuring out where they were going while one guy was just leaning against a mailbox letting his friends figure it out. A little girl walked by with her parents and stared very wide eyed-ly at the kid. He bowed his head and said "Merry Christmas" to her. A touch of responsibility and maturity on a party filled mission was nice to see. LOL

Another way to justify drinking....and trying to hide other issues they have. And hurting people in the process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!