SAP+ ?

Would AKV be considered an idea for SAP+? Dues are only nominally higher than others and there are some great deals being posted on other threads.

People mention the fear that dues will escalate due to caring for the animals and the expensive roofs(?) but can we assume that’s already been factored in?

Would AKV be considered an idea for SAP+? Dues are only nominally higher than others and there are some great deals being posted on other threads.

People mention the fear that dues will escalate due to caring for the animals and the expensive roofs(?) but can we assume that’s already been factored in?
Not really, because by that way of thinking almost any resort could be considered SAP+ (except maybe Vero & Hilton Head because of dues). You have to cut it off somewhere, so i think you just look at the cheapest dues (and buy in) that has location appeal too. as of 2024, id say anything with dues in the $7 range & low $8, but many are high $8 and AKV is low $9.

So I wouldn't consider AKV to be SAP+ but I do own some points there and very happy about it. ;)

Would appreciate feedback.

I have direct points in April UY (VGF and BWV). I have resale BLT in Feb UY. From what I’ve read, I may not be able to use my DVC-Y card for certain things (TOTW, WWD, lounges) when staying on the resale membership.

I was thinking of adding direct OKW to Feb UY to sort of “wash” that membership to have a DVC-Y card. Issue is DH has no desire to stay at OKW. We love BLT, especially with a 5 year old. BLT resale is still less money than OKW direct. Do I add on resale at OKW?
Someone mentioned this somewhere, not sure if it was on Disboards or elsewhere. But it seems that either this didn't really happen, or the CM was mistaken. I don't see how Disney could really do this to someone. What if part of your stay was using your resale points and part was using your direct points? How would they really regulate this? On Monday, you can't come in b/c that part of your stay is using resale but on Tuesday, you can? Seems really nuts.

Someone mentioned this somewhere, not sure if it was on Disboards or elsewhere. But it seems that either this didn't really happen, or the CM was mistaken. I don't see how Disney could really do this to someone. What if part of your stay was using your resale points and part was using your direct points? How would they really regulate this? On Monday, you can't come in b/c that part of your stay is using resale but on Tuesday, you can? Seems really nuts.
It was definitely here - I was trying to find it earlier to add as a reference but no luck.

No way they could, & it would be suicide if they did, people that bought with blue cards would be absolutely pissed if denied. I'd say most don't care THAT much about the benefits, & if they were to reject someone's status, they would lose a LOT of direct sales to resale... even more than they already do.

That was mentioned in one of the threads here. I’m going to look for it. That’s why I thought about adding direct OKW to resale BLT membership.

Not going to lie - if this was in my UY, I would start bidding...!

Come join us over on crescent lake every once in a while!

And then a 45pt BWV shows up, in a good UY and decent price. lol
And then a 50pt shows up in my ideal UY. Thank god its already pending. ;)
Now offer accepted (30points) I'm starting to build quite a collection of BWV contracts.

One of these days I really need to actually get some SAP+. lol

Nah, it's SAB* now, Sleeping at the Boardwalk 😂

But on topic, based on some Net Present Value calculations I saw recently I would consider AKV, BLT, and CCV as the best SAP+ contenders right now. You can also add OKW either if you like the resort or you want your SAP+ to be direct as they have a special on them right now. Then you can use SSR if you really want the cheapest, but I would personally consider that as the classic SAP, not SAP+

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter