Saratoga Springs location suggestions please.

michelleiada

DIS Veteran
I have booked a studio for my uncle and aunt for a week in December. They are first time Disney visitors and are in their early 70s. We are staying at BCV and will pick them up daily and bring them to BCV to join us in the parks. Any suggestions where I should request for them at SSR? I know requests are not guaranteed.

The Springs is closest to the main buildings and feature pool.

:earsboy: Bill

Will they be using the pool? If yes, then I would opt for Grandstand or Congress Park. Either of these locations have nice pools but may be a little more on the quiet side. Congress Park is only a pool/hot tub. Grandstand has a small pool bar with limited offerings and a mug refill station. If they're not planning on swimming then I think the Springs would be a good choice.

DiznyDi said:
Will they be using the pool? If yes, then I would opt for Grandstand or Congress Park. Either of these locations have nice pools but may be a little more on the quiet side. Congress Park is only a pool/hot tub. Grandstand has a small pool bar with limited offerings and a mug refill station. If they're not planning on swimming then I think the Springs would be a good choice.

Unlikely they will use the pool. I hope they will like it there!

My experience at The Grandstand a few weeks back was very positive. We had excellent proximity to the Carriage House, which is the main building featuring the restaurants, gift shop, and also the water transportation to DTD.

One thing to consider is that The Grandstand is the first bus stop when leaving SSR, which means that you have to stop at all other buildings before finally departing for your destination. However, when returning from a park, you are the very first drop off, which is a nice perk after a long day in the parks. We learned that The Springs is the last bus stop on the way out, and is in close proximity to The Grandstand, so we would simply walk over to that bus stop when leaving the resort.

Not a big deal either way, but this was a nice little trick that probably saved us 10-20 minutes of bus time each day. When in Disney, time is very precious!

I am not sure whether I will be allowed to post this link. On touring plans blog, they are starting to do each resort and showing pictures from each room and buildings they recommend. They have already done SSR. It is awesome.

In case it doesn't show the blog title, this other website is connected to a popular Disney World tour book.

We have stayed in both Congress Park and The Paddock area. We really like the Paddock area and have decided that is the area that we would like to stay at each time we are at SSR. It is the 3rd bus stop coming and going to the parks, however if you are picking them up each day then they really won't have to worry about the buses. We really liked the location of the Paddocks and my kids loved the pool (our building was right next to it so they always got a head start down there). Congress Park was nice too because we had a view of DTD Westside and the quiet pool was really nice there too.

Check out the SSR FAQ in my signature. I list pros and cons for each section at SSR.

How far is the walk from Paddock to the main building? Looking for a lake view, but want to be able to walk to the main building without a hike.

How far is the walk from Paddock to the main building? Looking for a lake view, but want to be able to walk to the main building without a hike.

I guess it depends on which building you are placed in. When we were there, we were in the 5800 building right next to the pool. Just beyond the pool was the long bridge that went across the pond over to the Springs area. We used this quite a bit to go swimming over there, go to the Carriage house, and sometimes we used the bus stop over there. When we went to meet up with our guide to buy more points and to see the new VGF demos, we just simply walking across the bridge and we were at the DVC Welcome Center in no time :goodvibes.

so you actually got a seat on the bus boarding at the Springs ? My experience at the Springs was that we were very lucky to get a seat or sometimes even board the bus because it was already full !
The best feature of the Grandstand is that it guarantees you a good seat on the bus.

My experience at The Grandstand a few weeks back was very positive. We had excellent proximity to the Carriage House, which is the main building featuring the restaurants, gift shop, and also the water transportation to DTD.

One thing to consider is that The Grandstand is the first bus stop when leaving SSR, which means that you have to stop at all other buildings before finally departing for your destination. However, when returning from a park, you are the very first drop off, which is a nice perk after a long day in the parks. We learned that The Springs is the last bus stop on the way out, and is in close proximity to The Grandstand, so we would simply walk over to that bus stop when leaving the resort.

Not a big deal either way, but this was a nice little trick that probably saved us 10-20 minutes of bus time each day. When in Disney, time is very precious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter