Which resort is best for families?

• CSR

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • SSR

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

4Hawks

"Be a goldfish" - Ted Lasso
We're looking into visiting WDW this summer (end of may). If we rent DVC points, the only studios left for our dates are in Saratoga Springs. Another options is to get a room for about the same rate at Coronado Springs. We have 2 kids and will probably spend a good amount of time at the pool. We'll have our own car, so resort transportation is not a major factor.

TIA for your input.

It is hard to compare a DVC resort with a moderate. CSR has a really cool main pool and one of the only lap lined pools on property (I think the only other one is in the Swan or Dolphin). Saratoga is within walking distance of Disney Springs. There is also a bit of construction at CSR right now.

What I would recommend is looking at some pictures and videos of the resort and rooms and decide which you like better. If you have removed cost from the equation then rooms quality (size, theming, etc) and location are the most obvious factors. It is more subjective than objective so I'm not sure a straight up vote is all that useful.

I know my sister prefers CSR because it's more business-y and there tended to be fewer kids...but I've never stayed there (or at SSR).

SSR has some pretty neat pools for kids. You can use the pool (High Rock Springs) at the Carriage House (nearer the Springs) which has a cool slide. There is also a fun pool near the Paddock that has a fun water play area. Or you can use the pool at the Grandstand which is horserace themed (like the entire resort). The pool at Congress Park is not themed at all. Just a nice rectangular pool with a view of Disney Springs. You can walk to Disney Springs from SSR by crossing one of two bridges, taking a bus or taking the boat. When you are choosing a studio at SSR, you may have the choice between preferred and standard. Preferred is the Springs and Congress Park. Standard is the Paddock, Carousel and Grandstand. Artist's Palette is a pretty nice counter service. There is also the Turf Club for table service. But you have loads of dining right at Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter