Saratoga Springs

Kath820

Earning My Ears
We are going to Saratoga Springs next month and was wondering if anyone who has been and how it was or suggestions?? Bringing the whole gang!!! :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Been to SS three times, including this past weekend during Hurricane Frances! I love it. It's new, and it accommodates everyone in the family, no matter what the age. My "other half" always books a one-bedroom suite, which is perfect because it allows my 5-year old son to fall asleep on the roll-out loveseat in the main area, and we shut the doors and indulge in a late-night hot tub after a trip to Basin! You can bring your own food, travel plans permitting, and you can virtually buy anything in SS Artist's Pallette, which is open quite late if you arrive in the evening. The pool areas are conveniently located, and there is a full-service spa (never been, but took a tour - very nice) and gym, which is sizeable. A game room for the kids is a big hit. The washer/dryer units are great, but only in the one bedroom suites and larger. There are laundry facilities for the other rooms. Get a room overlooking Pleasure Island and enjoy New Years from your balcony. The rooms are elegant, nicely appointed with crown moulding and granite countertops in baths and kitchen area. I have no complaints. If I had to dig something up which is a downside, I'd have to say that it's very spread out, so you either have to take an internal bus or commit to walking, which is a given, considering that's all one does when one comes to DW! I hope this helps!

The only complaint I've heard about SSR resort is from New Yorkers. The decor reminds them too much of home.:p

Beth

Furniture is beautiful (I went to the DVC open house model)... :D

Be careful in SSR at night.
My friend who stayed there recently had to run away from a drunk person which somehow got into the area.
SSR is close to the main road to Downtown Disney which is why they need more security in the area.
My friend called Disney security and they promised to put more security people around the resort.

So just a thought...

Have a great time, the place is absolutely beautiful...

It is a fun place. close enough to DD and PI to walk to it!

Oh if asked by the bus driver for your ID (room key) don't get upset - there have been reports of people staying elsewhere parking at DD and walking over to use the buses at SSR. I know for a while they have problems with Wynham Resort (across the street) - but I think WDW stopped that.

For lots of additional SSR info, check out the DVC discussion board. I just posted an SSR review there today. We loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter