• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sat. Nov. 12 - no AVAIL. WAITLIST CAME THRU!!

treloarf

DIS Veteran
UPDATE! I called at 9:10am & there was a studio at OKW.

Thanks for your help!
My friend & I want to go 11/12-11/15 (only have to take 2 days off work), but DVC makes it tough to take a long week, last minute I guess.

I can't believe there's no avail. for a Sat. 11/12 night in a studio anywhere in DVC. but the previous Sat. 11/5 is available. But I can't get Sun. 11/6. But 11/7 is avail.

I'm on a waitlist, but need to make flight plans soon. I guess I could book the 11/13 & 11/14 & stay at the All Stars Sat. night.

know the feeling Nov 6-10 no availiablity at OKW period.

there is a 1-bedroom at SSR.

the problem is the food/wine festavial. or it might the new jersey week - lots of the people will be there. or that is how it looks.

I can't get the annual pass discount for any dates beyond 10/4.

so I am considering going with AAA and getting a value resort - but AAA is much hard to cancel that Disney.

It's less than 60 days to November 12. DVC often sends unreserved points inventory to CRO at the 60 day mark - at that time, DVC members are competing with the general public for those rooms. That is a popular week to begin with so I am not really surprised that there is an availability problem tis close to arrival.

I'd make a back up reservation and hope the waitlist comes through - it's still possible.

Best wishes -

That's also super soap weekend. When we were at WDW in '02, they closed MGM due to the crowds attending those events.

Also, that is a holiday weekend - it is Veterans Day weekend and many plan trips for those 3 day weekends. Sorry. :(

I wonder how long it takes to get a phone call from MS to tell you that it came thru or if there were other people on the wait list, they'll would have been contacted 1st. GLAD I CALLED!!!!

Decided to take a last minute trip. I have all of my dates except for Sunday, November 6. Need a studio at SSR. I was put on a waitlist and hope it comes through.

Keeping my fingers and eyes crossed! :crazy:

tinkerbell58 - I would keep calling MS because if I would not have called 1st thing Mon. morning - someone must have JUST cancelled, and they went to the waitlist. There may have been someone before me on the waitlist.

I asked how long it takes to be called & she said perhaps a day or 2. So I'd keep calling everying AM!!!!!

treloarf said:
tinkerbell58 - I would keep calling MS because if I would not have called 1st thing Mon. morning - someone must have JUST cancelled, and they went to the waitlist. There may have been someone before me on the waitlist.

I asked how long it takes to be called & she said perhaps a day or 2. So I'd keep calling everying AM!!!!!

Thank you for the tip! I'm glad it worked for you. The CM gave me the impression that it could take weeks for a room to become available, if at all. In the meantime, I'm hesitant to make any flight plans. Your tip eased my mind a little. So, I'm glad to see the odds are in my favor that I won't be out on the street Nov. 6. :teeth:

dvc resorts are busy that entire week Nov 5 - Nov 12 - I have been trying for a while to get something.

I am hoping that at 35 to 30 days some people do cancel and I can get one night studio.

I would love Nov 9 or 10 - but I will take anything for one night!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter