Satu'li Canteen Chicken?

FrankieWinthrop

Mouseketeer
So we ate at Satu'li when in September 2017 and I raved about it! I got the chicken bowl and ate every bite of it. Last December, I was so excited to take new people there and have it again and it was gross! That's when my MIL pointed out to me that the chicken was "chicken thighs."

Has it ALWAYS been thighs or was that a cost-saving thing that came later? The menu always just says "wood grilled chicken" but the detail online says thighs. We've been back several time since and have avoided Satu'li. I can't help but think they used breast meat or something when it first opened then switched to something cheaper.

It has always been thigh meat. You can see them cooking it right there on your way in or it at least they have been cooking it when we walk in. That being said, we thought the beef was better tasting than the chicken.

I never realized it was thigh meat! I tried it after getting a glance of them preparing it as I walked in, it looked tasty but it was a quick glance. IMO, it was much better than the beef.

It was always chicken thighs. Thighs are moist..chicken breast can be dry. Thats why its sooooooo good. Tender and moist.
I absolutely love it. :love::cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter