Satuli

I rarely eat burgers and never at WDW but am truly wondering why not just get a regular burger somewhere else? I'm not being snarky (I hate that!) just curious about why these are so popular.
It isn't at all your typical burger. It is a steamed bun with ground beef, cheese, mustard...I'm forgetting something else...inside the bun. The burgers on property at QS places are like what you get at the freezer section of Costco. Frozen, premade, poor quality beef. Not very good. The pods were a very different type of "burger."

Say What!?! The only base I was interested in was the grains. DH will be fine since they still have the potato hash. I will wait for reviews. on the current offerings. I might get the kids hot dog at this point.

When we were there last fall, I could have sworn what I had was a kale/greens base that wasn't simply lettuce. Did that go away even earlier than these more recent changes?

I'm assuming the vinaigrette is the same as the chimichurri, just more simple language.

When we were there last fall, I could have sworn what I had was a kale/greens base that wasn't simply lettuce. Did that go away even earlier than these more recent changes?

I'm assuming the vinaigrette is the same as the chimichurri, just more simple language.

It's listed as "hearty salad", it used to be specifically romaine and kale. And I think you're right about the vinaigrette.

We had the burger pods on Thursday and enjoyed them. I'm glad we made it in before the change as that was on our must try list.

I’m going to miss the pods and the grains as a base for the bowls. What’s left for the base in bowls, lettuce? No thanks. This was my favorite QS on property but those small changes are a deal breaker. Bummer.
ditto. Glad no Disney trips planned in near future with all the changes and price hikes...

I'm glad they added the noodles. I'll order that next time. I never got the chance to try the pods but I"ll probably just order a kids meal to try one next time.

You're kidding! That is so disappointing. We were really looking forward to going back there and having the pods in June. Now I guess I will order the kids meal. :(

I think they just renamed it to charred green onion vinaigrette (was "charred onion chimichurri").

That makes sense. You're probably right. I'm not 100% sure which sauce I ordered this past summer, but it didn't taste as good as I remember when Satulii first opened.

Another sad to see the grains gone. That was always our goto base and it was good. Don't see noodles or lettuce being the same as the grains.

I rarely eat burgers and never at WDW but am truly wondering why not just get a regular burger somewhere else? I'm not being snarky (I hate that!) just curious about why these are so popular.

I don’t eat burgers at Disney either but for some reason these just are good, they kind of taste like a McDonald’s cheeseburger. Also the fact they came in pods, lol

the kid menu still has the pods apparently so if you really want them you can order them that way - though pricier way to get 2 if you order 2 kid meals.

That said, disney food blog reported they were still serving to adults in adult portions even after they were gone from the official menu

So they’ve kind of hidden it like they did the shrimp at CHH. I know it’s still on the kids meal but I refuse to order 2 kids meal for just myself, lol.

I don’t eat burgers at Disney either but for some reason these just are good, they kind of taste like a McDonald’s cheeseburger. Also the fact they came in pods, lol
Thanks for the description. DH is pretty picky but does like a Mickey D's and I love the Satu'li bowls. The fish will be missed but I'm excited to try the shrimp :)

I really loved the pods as well and now I regret not getting them on my recent trip. We just didn't have time to squeeze in Satu'li after a Tusker House breakfast, and with some menu changes at Tusker House too, I wasn't all that happy.

I guess it's still on the kids meal, but you only get one. I'm going to have to consider that a side!

I'm sad they changed the menu. I loved building my own bowl and always got the grains. I don't really feel like the other choices would go well with what I put into the bowl. This was hands down my favorite quick service and we always went, not so sure we will be back now.

What a disappointing change. I love the pods!
I theoretically like the addition of noodles as a bowl base but not at the expense of grains.

I miss the curry pods that they removed sometime between may and november as there are few and far between unique meatless options in the parks

Just FYI, I have loved Satu'li since the beginning, and just ate there this Tuesday. I ordered the hearty salad base, the chicken, and the herb dressing. It was even better than before. They had a salad of greens, with a much larger portion of quinoa on the side, with a nice portion of roasted broccoli as well, and of course the chicken, slaw and boba pearls. The dressing was served on the side. It was by far my favorite bowl I've ordered yet, and I ordered this same bowl when they first opened; then the quinoa was much more sparse and mixed in, and there was no roast broccoli, and the dressing was already on it as well. I don't know how the other bowls have changed, or if they even had, but just a heads up that for those that like the bowls available the quality is definitely still there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter