• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saturdays???

AmyBeth68

Relentless Forward Motion
Hello, I've been reading a lot on these boards and the concensus is that we should avoid Saturdays at DL. Is that true all year long or just during peak season? We will be visiting DL in early November, we had hoped to start out with a visit on Saturday since we are arriving on Friday night. Should we skip this? If so, would DCA be a better alternative...or is it crazy there on Saturdays as well?

Also...if we can't do DL or DCA on our first day in Anaheim...what would you suggest. We are a family of four with two kids ages 5 and 8.

TIA!!! :)

Absolutely go on a Saturday--mornings aren't bad at all, then you can park hop over to DCA, which always has a smaller crowd. In the afternoon and evening the crowds will get larger at DL. Sunday mornings at DL and DCA both are just nuts--I don't like going on Sundays at all, while I go on Saturdays quite often. Though in the evenings things quiet down considerably on Sundays. Either way, regardless of time of year, DL/DCA has a large local customer base, many with APs. I find Sunday mornings are busier than Saturdays because Saturdays are a blockout day for all the So Cal APs but Sundays aren't for the regular So Cal APs--so there's more with those kind there on Sundays.

Saturday & Sunday are always busier than the weekdays. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't go. On weekend days, I definitely recommend being there 1/2 hour before park opening. If the park opens at 8:00, be at the gates at 7:30. You would be amazed at what a difference it makes being in park at opening. Especially on a busier day.

If DL gets too busy, go over to DCA, it always feels less crowded (even when busy) because it has bigger walkways, just more space.

Our last trip was mid-December (a busier time than when you are going) and Saturday and Sunday both got to be too much at DL by mid-afternoon. We headed over to DCA both days in mid-afternoon and didn't head back to DL until evening.

I agree with the above posts, go, go go! If you have flexibility and can work a 5 day park hopper to be there Mon-Fri that can be nice. But for many of us Saturday's can't be avoided. I cannot stress enough the importance of getting there early! If the park opens at 8:00 be at the gate no later than 7:45. Another note, if you arrive at the gates and it looks crowded as all get out, don't be too discouraged, once the gates open all of those people scatter inside the park. You will be amazed at how much you can get done before most folks ever get there! Another nice thing about Saturdays is the longer hours. Disneyland is usually open from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. We always start out at Disneyland and then will often eat a late breakfast or early lunch then head over to DCA around 11:00. Then we can head to our hotel, rest, swim and then back to the parks for parades and fireworks. Most people who have bad experiences on Saturdays are not prepared for the amount of people they encounter and don't get there first thing. I told friends who went to Disneyland that they needed to get there early and they complained that they like to sleep late. Yeah so does everybody else, that's the beauty of getting there early! If you walk into Disnyeland at noon on a Saturday with no game plan it will be a challenge at the very least. In fact that was our first experience going on a Saturday! After that trip, I discovered disboards and learned to have a gameplan! You will have a great trip, enjoy!

Thanks to all for the great advice :).

Sounds to me that if I follow my same "rules" as when I visit WDW...arrive early early early to the park and try to see and do a bunch by 11:00 am...then eat an early lunch...we should be good.

We do have days later in the week planned for DL so I don't have to stress too much. I'm just relieved to hear that Saturday will be okay if we have a game plan. And boy do I love to plan :D.

Thanks again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter