Say Please in French - A June and Sept. 2018 DLP TR *Updated 4/22

So glad Alex had fun running. He does indeed look very very happy to have met Kronk! Brilliant photo! Thank goodness his fall didn’t ruin things :thumbsup2

Wow- that race looks awesome! Glad Alex enjoyed himself, minus the fall! Can't wait to hear about the kids' race!

I love that picture of Alex and Kronk. He looks so happy!
I'm glad he enjoyed the race so much - it is really cool that it spends so much time in the parks.

It sounds like the 10K was a great experience. What a great bonus that it was almost all inside the parks. I'm not a runner, but have always thought one of the RunDisney events would be fun.

Looks like I never responded after your last update!

Honestly it just made me want to do another run Disney race!

Looks like everyone is having a good time!!

Oh, bummer about his fall but otherwise it looks like he had an amazing time! Cool character meet!

My husband is so clumsy, I think he's just used to taking spills like that!

Great update! The fall - ugh. Glad it didn't ruin the experience for him. Looking forward to seeing how your kids did!

Alex trips quite frequently; I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't his first fall during a race! I think he was more irritated he chipped his phone screen more than anything else.

That's amazing, I love that he was able to get this special photo and that he ended up loving his 10K.

If ever there was something that would convince my husband to run another Disney race, it was this rare character photo! I think it hooked him so much that I'll be able to convince him to do a half eventually.

Sorry to have fallen so far behind, but I just got caught up! So cute that Alex was able to find the one character to make him stop the race for!! Hopefully I can stay caught up now.

No need to apologize, you were on a cruise! Are you writing a report for it? I hope so, I'd love to hear your thoughts on DCL!

So glad Alex had fun running. He does indeed look very very happy to have met Kronk! Brilliant photo! Thank goodness his fall didn’t ruin things :thumbsup2

I think Alex is so used to tripping and falling that he didn't even stop to process what had just happened. Just another day in his clumsy life!

Wow- that race looks awesome! Glad Alex enjoyed himself, minus the fall! Can't wait to hear about the kids' race!

I was pretty jealous that the 10K course covered so much of the parks; most Disney races are a lot of roads and parking lots.

I love that picture of Alex and Kronk. He looks so happy!
I'm glad he enjoyed the race so much - it is really cool that it spends so much time in the parks.

I was amazed at how much of the 10K was in the parks! I'm starting to think the 10K Disney races have the best courses.

It sounds like the 10K was a great experience. What a great bonus that it was almost all inside the parks. I'm not a runner, but have always thought one of the RunDisney events would be fun.

The race course looked really cool, and I think that's why Alex enjoyed the race as much as he did.
And the pace requirement for runDisney is a 16min/mile, so approximately a 10min/kilometer. If you can keep a brisk walk then a 5K or 10K is completely feasible! Just something to keep in mind if your trip ever coincides with a race weekend...

Looks like I never responded after your last update!

Honestly it just made me want to do another run Disney race!

Looks like everyone is having a good time!!

That's how the Disney races pull you back in...the idea of running through the parks. It's such a unique experience how could anyone resist? And to be honest, I was really jealous of this race course; it looked awesome!

Saturday, September 20, 2018 Part 2:

I didn’t have to wait alone in Disney Village for very long. Within ten minutes of Alex leaving for the resort, Ashley and her family arrived on property. We then were tasked with the terrifying task of pinning bibs to all the kids’ shirts.

Steady hands don’t fail me now!

Neither of my kids cared one way or the other if they were dressed up in costume for the races, so I put Evie in a Minnie Mouse dress she owned and wore to Walt Disney World last year and Landon in a Marvel shirt.

0090.JPG
Landon was rocking some bright orange socks, too. Way to stand out, little man.

After photographing the siblings, Ashley and I insisted we get a photo of the “married couple.”

0092.JPG
(Talon had no qualms donning his super suit for the day.)

Much as it might sound like it does, the term “married couple” does not come from us moms. That’s all from Mr. Talon.

A long time ago, he asked his mom about being married and after she explained it to him, he replied. “Okay. One day I’m going to marry Evie.”

And he hasn’t wavered since.

When they’re together and he meets someone for the first time, he introduces himself and goes, “I’m going to marry Evie one day.”

When his sister ruffles his feathers and says something about another friend, Talon’s retort is usually: “Evie is going to be my wife! No one else!”

Ashley messaged me one evening saying Emma officiated a pretend wedding for Talon and Evie.

He wore his Spider-man suit in lieu of a tux…

He’s very kind to Evie whenever they’re together. Holding her hand, helping her open snack bags, waiting patiently as she takes ten years to climb down stairs. It’s such a sweet friendship and has been a joy to get to witness.

Ashley and I intend on being friends for the rest of our lives, and we like to take photos like the one above so we look back on them years later and remember their grand marriage plans.

We arranged the kids on some stairs in the hopes of getting a group shot of the four.

0093.JPG

Meh. That’s pretty cooperative for that bunch.:rotfl2:

Eventually, it was time to head to the Expo center and figure out how the kid races were organized. Alex finished with his shower and found us right as we were entering the center. Once he was with me again, I could break open the treat Ashley had brought for the two of us:

0094.JPG

She has a bakery near Disneyland Paris that she loves, and she was kind enough to pick up a few chocolate eclairs for us. Eclairs being one of Alex’s favorite desserts, of course.

I ate mine so fast I probably didn’t get to enjoy it to its full extent. But it was that or go slow and risk a child seeing the delectable delight.

I didn’t want to share my éclair, okay?
:rotfl:

Moms are selfish sometimes. Most notably when a friend gifts her with a legitimate pastry from a French bakery.

They would eat goldfish that had been left on the counter overnight if given the chance. They would not have appreciated the soft dough or the light as air filling.

No shame in my HIDE YOUR FOOD game.

:laughing:

The kid races were divided into three age categories. The 100 meter dash, 200 meter dash, and the 1K race. There might have been a diaper crawl, too, but I don’t remember.

Evie and Talon were in the 100 meter dash race, and the dads were in charge of tackling that course. Landon and Emma both asked Ashley and me to stay with them, so that’s how we missed out on the earlier (and faster) race.

The race participants and their parents were herded like cattle through one holding corral to the next until they were led to the starting line area. Where they were then put in a holding pattern as only twenty or so kids are let out at a time to run down the path. It was a ton of waiting around.

But because the younger kids went first and Alex was near the front of the line, he was looking at the course a lot faster than some.

:rolleyes:

Did that sound bitter?

I might still hold a tiny grudge that he got the shorter wait.

Just a small one...

This is what 100 meters looks like, in case you wanted to know:

0098.JPG

The kids' turn arrived and Evie, normally the shy kid, took off!

0099.JPG

She left Alex in the dust!

He caught up with her when she spotted Stitch on the course and stopped for a quick hug:

0102.JPG

Then she was off again, running as quickly as her two year old feet could take her.

0107.JPG

She crossed the finish line and got her medal:

0110.JPG

0111.JPG

Then moved on the post-race area to grab her swag bag.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Continued from Previous Post:

In the same space where the kids could pick up a goodie bag full of snacks, they also had a photo op space:
0113.JPG

Doesn’t she look victorious?

There was a grassy area next to the course that parents were using for spectating, and that’s where Zach and Alex settled the kids to wait.

Zach sent this photo to Ashley while we waited:
0117.JPG

And we knew we missed the more adorable of the two races.::yes::

Not to say Landon and Emma weren’t fun and enjoyable, BUTTTTTT

They were forced to wait for all the 100 meter kids to race, then had to wait as we progressed slowly through the 200 meter kids at the front of the queue. We could only ask two five years old to be patient for so long.

Boredom had set in, and they weren’t feeling the Disney love.

0118.JPG

So while the menfolk got the “look at them go, aren’t they so cute” kids, Ashley and I were armoring ourselves against the “this is dumb, I’m bored, when can we get lunch” brood. Poor kids.:faint:

They ended up waiting in line for close to 90 minutes before it was their turn. Not exactly the fun idea they had for their race, but thank goodness they had each other to hang out with. It would have been so much worse had they been on their own.

0122.JPG

After what seemed an eternity, Landon and Emma were off on their race. Landon saw Stitch and thought about stopping:

0125.JPG

But there were so many kids swarming him that it wasn’t worth the hassle.

0128.JPG

0133.JPG

We had to get Landon and Emma to take a post-race photo even though they didn’t really want to:

0138.JPG

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST:

Continued from Previous Post:

This update is going on for a long time. Sorry, guys. But I only have a couple more photos from the rest of the day, so I might as well include them and finish out the day’s recap.

After the kids’ races, our group walked over to Earl of Sandwich and had lunch on the outdoor seating area upstairs. It was amazing weather, and we got to watch and cheer on the kids running the 1K race.

When lunch was concluded, Evie begged Alex to take her on the Cars road rally attraction in the Studios Parc.

(To say she is excited for Alien Swirling Saucers would be an understatement.)

So off we went into the park! Everyone went ahead while I stopped and got a cappuccino from my go-to snack stand in the Studios. Then I parked myself on a bench and watched while everyone spun round and round in their vehicles.

0139.JPG

We couldn’t be inside the Toy Story land and not go on Slink Dog Zigzag Spin; I tried to skip this attraction, too, but Landon wasn’t hearing any of it. He dragged me into line and made the four of us squeeze into one row.

Ashley was behind us with her two kids:

0140.JPG

And here was Evie, finally brave enough to give Slink a chance:

0141.JPG

I guess I took this next picture to prove Landon was with us, too:

0142.JPG

No Disney-loving 5 year olds were left on the sidelines in the making of this trip report….

Sweet, sweet Evie. She WANTED to like the ride. She held her arms up and looked around but you can see from this screenshot of a video I took, she didn’t like it:

0147.jpg

Coasters are still not her cup of tea…

In what has to be the shortest time spent in a park by us, Alex and I called it a day after Slinky Dog. We headed back to Sequoia Lodge, bought a few things from their gift shop, and relaxed with a movie on the Fire Stick. Later that evening, Alex and Landon went to Disney Village and grabbed dinner and brought it back to the room.

Then it was an early bedtime for everyone. Alex was tired from the race, and I wanted to take some heavy duty cold medicine to try and kick the cough that was still hanging around.

Probably one of our more boring Disney afternoon and evenings, but it worked well for us this trip.

Up Next: Ahh, it’s like I’m Back in Florida

She has a bakery near Disneyland Paris that she loves, and she was kind enough to pick up a few chocolate eclairs for us. Eclairs being one of Alex’s favorite desserts, of course.

I ate mine so fast I probably didn’t get to enjoy it to its full extent. But it was that or go slow and risk a child seeing the delectable delight.

I didn’t want to share my éclair, okay?
:rotfl:

Moms are selfish sometimes. Most notably when a friend gifts her with a legitimate pastry from a French bakery.

They would eat goldfish that had been left on the counter overnight if given the chance. They would not have appreciated the soft dough or the light as air filling.

:laughing:

YES. I think anyone that spends time around kids can relate. I think we revert back to our primitive selves with pastries (or chips, or caramels, or gummies, etc) Fend for yourselves, kids!

Sweet, sweet Evie. She WANTED to like the ride. She held her arms up and looked around but you can see from this screenshot of a video I took, she didn’t like it:
View attachment 389650

Coasters are still not her cup of tea…

This is so precious! I LOVE this picture.

The married couple is too cute!!

The 100M run looks like it was adorable. I'm sorry you got stuck with the older kids and had to wait so long!

Hahah poor Evie on the coaster, her face is too much!

There is no shame in hiding food from the kids. I still do this and mine are 11 and 13.

I never understood why my mom used to get so exasperated when my brothers and I would find her secret stash of candy. Now I completely understand.
Sometimes, Alex and I will have a treat after the kids have gone to bed and have to hide the wrappers, because Landon will come downstairs and go to throw something away and go, "Hey, who had the Reese's egg? Where are the rest?!"

YES. I think anyone that spends time around kids can relate. I think we revert back to our primitive selves with pastries (or chips, or caramels, or gummies, etc) Fend for yourselves, kids!

This is so precious! I LOVE this picture.

Not to mention, half the time we need that little burst of sugar or salt to survive the crazy antics of the kids.
Yes, I'll read Go Dog Go for the twentieth time today but I need something to keep me going first!

The married couple is too cute!!

The 100M run looks like it was adorable. I'm sorry you got stuck with the older kids and had to wait so long!

Hahah poor Evie on the coaster, her face is too much!

This year they added two time slots for the kid races, and we signed up for the later one. We're hoping everyone else signs up for the earlier time slot so they can get to the park and that it won't be as much waiting around!

Right now Evie is 37 inches and the big discussion in the house is whether or not she'll get to 38 inches before June so she can ride Slinky Dog Dash. She talks about the ride with her brother, but I don't think she grasps that it's a legitimate coaster. I think maybe I should start hoping she DOESN'T make the height requirement so I don't have to worry about petrifying her!!

Dads can be selfish too. There's a chance that I may have dipped into the bag of Oreos in the cupboard late at night when the kids are in bed. Maybe.....

Last edited:
I never understood why my mom used to get so exasperated when my brothers and I would find her secret stash of candy. Now I completely understand.
Sometimes, Alex and I will have a treat after the kids have gone to bed and have to hide the wrappers, because Landon will come downstairs and go to throw something away and go, "Hey, who had the Reese's egg? Where are the rest?!"

We have done this too. When they were little one of us would go out and grab dinner and eat it after they went to bed. We would then throw way the wrappers in the trash outside. We no longer do this but I do hide my Tagalong Girl Scout cookies or if I am shopping without the kids get a candy bar and eat it before I get home.

Oh my goodness Evie and Talon's relationship is too cute! And will be even more cute if they do end up together someday! lol

Also how adorable are those races! Although, making kids wait 90 minutes seems a bit unfair by Disney! You would think they would all run simultaneously!

At least 25% of parenting is hiding the good food from the kids. Mine thought Lucky Charms were "Mommy's spicy Cheerios" for years.

He caught up with her when she spotted Stitch on the course and stopped for a quick hug:

Too cute!

They ended up waiting in line for close to 90 minutes before it was their turn.

That is entirely too long for 5 year olds! Good thing they had each other to be somewhat entertained.

Ashley messaged me one evening saying Emma officiated a pretend wedding for Talon and Evie.
He wore his Spider-man suit in lieu of a tux…

Awww, that's a true Disney lovin', Evie lovin' kid right there.

Meh. That’s pretty cooperative for that bunch.:rotfl2:

LOL!! Still a cute photo!

Glad race day was a success despite the long wait for you ladies. All in all a success!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!