Saying 'Aloha' to 30! A Oct/Nov 2018 PTR - Updated 10/25 ONE DAY TO GO!

WELCOME BACK!

HOW ABOUT THOSE EAGLES!

usa_today_10588712.0.jpg

Nick Foles, what are you doing next? GOING TO DISNEY WORLD of course!

Now that I got that out of my system.....

Since we are still 263 days out, it's almost impossible to start making any sort of plan! I need park hours! So, let me interrupt this pre-trip report with our Disney trips through the years!! Looking at these pictures almost makes me cringe, how many times have I changed my hair color, haha! I will say - life is better as a psuedo-sun kissed blonde...

nix3T03l.jpg

Trip #1 - October 24 - 29th 2013
This was our very first trip! We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and LOVED it. I introduced Wonks to his very first Dole Whip on this trip and he was in love. Other highlights from this trip include our very first time at Via Napoli (a now staple for us), , getting stuck on Space Mountain with the lights on (someone dropped their insulin apparently) and discovering Kona Cafe (aka Tonga Toast & Pumpkin Pancakes)

GVgQHQzl.jpg

Trip #2 - October 23 - 28th, 2014
(First hair color change :rolleyes1) This trip was planned on a whim and we stayed at All-Star Sports in a preferred room. Highlights from this trip include our very first time at Tusker House(my now favorite breakfast buffet), discovering all that the Food & Wine festival has to offer, and riding the headliners as many possible times as we could!

TpzYVBBl.jpg

Trip #3 - October 17 - 24th, 2015
This was a very special trip as my entire family came along. It was my niece (4) and nephew's (1.5) first ever trip to WDW! We stayed at Caribbean Beach and although we did love the atmosphere; the bridge that connects the two sides was under construction so walking to the main building from Jamaica was a TREK. Anyways, there were a lot of highs and a lot of lows as I am sure every family vacation has. Seeing the kids react to everything WDW was hands down the most memorable part!

ZteZ4CDl.jpg

Trip #4 - November 6 - 11th, 2016
Well technically this is a Disney trip, only it was to Disneyland! We stayed across the street at the Park View Inn. The hotel was awesome, even though it was on the main road, we had a room in the back and it was super quiet AND we could see Space Mountain and the Matterhorn from our room! Although the flight was 6 hours, this was an AWESOME trip! Being able to walk between the two parks was amazing. This trip is where we found our love for Trader Sams and the UH-OA! Other highlights include seeing World of Color, comparing the rides to WDW's version and free breakfast at the hotel!

wS1ddkpl.jpg

Trip #5 - February 22 - 27th, 2017
This was a quick trip for us, we stayed at All Star Sports in a preferred room again. The sole purpose of this trip was for me to run the Enchanted 10K. That was an experience, while it was fun, getting up at 3am to run is for the birds, so I probably won't be doing any more RunDisney races in this lifetime, haha!

k4B29Azl.jpg

Trip #6 - August 30 - Sept 5th, 2017
This was hands-down my favorite trip yet. We stayed at the Polynesian and although it was HOT, I felt as though we were super immersed in the magic. Being able to sit on our balcony and have breakfast while listening to the background music was definitely a highlight, as was the monorail and ending each night at Trader Sam's!

Thanks for reminiscing with me!

Countdowns:
ADR Day: 83 days
FP+ Day: 203 days
OUR TRIP: 263 days

Next Post: February Real Life Update

Last edited:
How cool to have shared so much time at Disney and to be able to compare! This could be a cool photo display at your home :) I am following along for what sounds like an amazing trip!

Following along! Your dream sounds like my dream for my 30th birthday! I didn't love my room at the Poly but I adored the resort. Can't wait to hear your plans!!
I don't listen to Sorcerer's Radio but I WFH and am always looking for new music to listen to from my Echo, especially Disney! How do you listen to it?!

How cool to have shared so much time at Disney and to be able to compare! This could be a cool photo display at your home :) I am following along for what sounds like an amazing trip!

LOL - I think the only photos we have on display are Disney ones, and they are plastered all over my desk at work too! Thanks for following!!!

Following along! Your dream sounds like my dream for my 30th birthday! I didn't love my room at the Poly but I adored the resort. Can't wait to hear your plans!!
I don't listen to Sorcerer's Radio but I WFH and am always looking for new music to listen to from my Echo, especially Disney! How do you listen to it?!

Thanks for joining in! The rooms at Poly could definitely use a refurb but honestly, it was fine for us! I see you are staying at the Contemporary in April - I'm interested to hear what you think, DBF has wanted to stay there but it seems a tower room is way out of the budget and "he doesn't have interest in the garden wing" LOL

I have the Sorcerer Radio app on my iPhone and I think you can listen online at srsounds.com, it really was the best find, they have themed hours. My new favorite is the Pandora loop! I wonder if you asked the Echo to play sorcerer radio if it would work?!?!

Thanks for joining in! The rooms at Poly could definitely use a refurb but honestly, it was fine for us! I see you are staying at the Contemporary in April - I'm interested to hear what you think, DBF has wanted to stay there but it seems a tower room is way out of the budget and "he doesn't have interest in the garden wing" LOL

I have the Sorcerer Radio app on my iPhone and I think you can listen online at srsounds.com, it really was the best find, they have themed hours. My new favorite is the Pandora loop! I wonder if you asked the Echo to play sorcerer radio if it would work?!?!

We're booked in the garden wing! I too could not stomach the Tower prices. But we don't mind the walk, and I think we'll like being super close to the pool. Someone on the Dis told me that the garden wing can actually be better than the tower for adults without kids in strollers because you can simply use the escalator instead of having to wait for the elevator.

I can't figure out if I can get the echo to play it, but I may be able to download the app and bluetooth over to her. I need to figure this out!!

We're booked in the garden wing! I too could not stomach the Tower prices. But we don't mind the walk, and I think we'll like being super close to the pool. Someone on the Dis told me that the garden wing can actually be better than the tower for adults without kids in strollers because you can simply use the escalator instead of having to wait for the elevator.

I can't figure out if I can get the echo to play it, but I may be able to download the app and bluetooth over to her. I need to figure this out!!

Maybe one of these days I'll be able to convince him the Contemporary is the way to go!

I actually just looked at their Facebook page, apparently you have to say "Alexa, play Sorcerer Radio on TuneIn" I dont have an echo so I have no idea if that is actually legit or not! :rotfl2:

Maybe one of these days I'll be able to convince him the Contemporary is the way to go!

I actually just looked at their Facebook page, apparently you have to say "Alexa, play Sorcerer Radio on TuneIn" I dont have an echo so I have no idea if that is actually legit or not! :rotfl2:

That worked!!! Thank you :)

I love your trip down memory lane. Looking back at past trip's pictures is one of my favorite things to do! I am dying to go to Disneyland someday, so I'm jealous of everyone who has already been :sad:

You guys are talking about The Contemporary…this was my all time favorite resort, and the whole reason I bought DVC at BLT. You just can't beat the convenience of walking home from the MK after fireworks :love: I do love the Poly too, though, and have points there for Food & Wine. They're both amazing, in my opinion :-)

I love your trip down memory lane. Looking back at past trip's pictures is one of my favorite things to do! I am dying to go to Disneyland someday, so I'm jealous of everyone who has already been :sad:

You guys are talking about The Contemporary…this was my all time favorite resort, and the whole reason I bought DVC at BLT. You just can't beat the convenience of walking home from the MK after fireworks :love: I do love the Poly too, though, and have points there for Food & Wine. They're both amazing, in my opinion :-)

You are just so lucky to own DVC! One day.... hopefully :flower1:

REAL LIFE UPDATE!

I figured I would post a real life update... since there are still no park hours posted for my dates and my ADR date is not for another 61 days :rolleyes1

February has been a busy month and a fun one as well!

Wonks and I celebrated Valentine's day, our 6th one together (crazy!)

ZS4XZdmm.jpg

He sent me this really cute bamboo heart and we went to Morton's for dinner :lovestruc it was delicious!

PXgkKI9m.jpg

Wonks got the NY Strip, he said it was cooked perfectly and so very tender!

hDMzFsNm.jpg

And I got the Filet and Lobster Special, so so so good.. we also shared a jumbo baked potato as you can see in the back!

TK3vg5pm.jpg

Last week, my mom and I traveled to NYC to see a taping of 'The Chew'... This is literally her favorite day time show - she loves her some Michael Symon! NYC is about a 2 hour drive from my house, so we went Wednesday night and spent the night! Such a fun experience! Here we are waiting in line!

BQ6RkFVm.jpg

And our tickets

2GsZ8Nom.jpg

Hi Michael, Clinton and Carla!!!! This was the view from our seats!

OR00hbMl.jpg

After the show taped, we left NYC and made it home in time to watch the episode on TV! WE ARE FAMOUS!!

rJ5DKQWl.jpg

And this past weekend, Wonks and I went to Ocean City, Maryland for a beer fest at Seacrets... Our second favorite tiki bar next to Trader Sam's!

DZqtnoom.jpg

And that's it for February! I can't believe we are already so close to March!

One last question for my Apple Watch peeps out there --- have any of you used one of these for your Magic Band? Thoughts?

3nRH1Pdm.png

Not my picture

Countdowns:
ADR Day: 61 days
FP+ Day: 181 days
OUR TRIP: 241 days

Next Post
: ADR Wishlist & other news

Last edited:
Last week, my mom and I traveled to NYC to see a taping of 'The Chew'... This is literally her favorite day time show - she loves her some Michael Symon! NYC is about a 2 hour drive from my house, so we went Wednesday night and spent the night! Such a fun experience!

That sounds really fun!

After the show taped, we left NYC and made it home in time to watch the episode on TV! WE ARE FAMOUS!!

rJ5DKQWl.jpg

You are! I can say, "I knew you when…" :rotfl:

I fully intend to incorporate my MB with my Apple watch! It's only less thing for me to remember in the morning. I haven't chosen what color I want yet. :confused3

And I think you should do an ADR wish list. It makes the 180 day mark much easier, IMO!:thumbsup2

I fully intend to incorporate my MB with my Apple watch! It's only less thing for me to remember in the morning. I haven't chosen what color I want yet. :confused3

And I think you should do an ADR wish list. It makes the 180 day mark much easier, IMO!:thumbsup2

I really want to try out that MB holder for the watch, I am just afraid I am not going to like it or worrying too much that it will fall off! All the reviews I have seen seem positive though!

ADR WISHLIST & other news!

I am back! It has been a crazy couple of weeks here in PA! We got hit with a couple Nor'Easters and the latest of which was just yesterday... I thought it was Spring!?! :sad2: Anyways, it hit us pretty hard yesterday, getting a total of about 13 inches in my town. I did get to work from home, which when they say work from home they really mean watch the marathon of Chicago P.D. that was on the Oxygen channel... haha at least that's what I did anyway:rolleyes1

I had a lot of time recently to come up with our ADR wishlist and wanted to share it with you all. I am trusting that you guys will provide your honest opinions and feedback!

Reminder: We will be there for 9 days (well really 8, but two of them are 1/2 days, haha!)

Table Service Meals

The BOATHOUSE - OK, really, Wonks has been dying to check this place out (and he doesn't even eat seafood, so this is a shocker) but I figured maybe we could make an ADR here for our first night!

Shula's - Thanks to @Raeven, I now know that they offer a free entree during your birthday month and HELLO I am turning 30 in October so this was a no-brainer. Wonks and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary here on our last trip and LOVED it!

Sci-Fi Dine In - I have heard mixed reviews here and have never been myself but Wonks thinks it would be "cool to sit in a car for dinner" so this has made the list

Via Napoli - Honestly, we can't go to Disney and NOT eat here. It's a tradition

Kona Cafe - We're staying at the Poly and this is by far our favorite TS breakfast, so this was an easy pick.. COME ON PUMPKIN PANKCAKES - when we went in Oct 2015 these were a special and were heavenly

Tony's Town Square or the Plaza Restaurant - I am really torn between these two. We do want to do a sit down at MK and now that BOG is prix-fixe that is out... I know Tony's gets a bad rap but I really want to try it and I am not picky with my Italian food, lol

Enzo's Hideaway/Maria & Enzo's/Homecomin' - I think we will make it to DS only one other night so we have to choose between these 3... I am intrigued by Enzo's Hideaway and we love Homecomin' so someone help me decide!

Character Meals

1900 Park Fare (breakfast) - This would be an easy walk to the GF from the Poly on our off-park day. I have been dying to try the Strawberry Soup!

Crystal Palace (breakfast) - We have never done this breakfast buffet before and I have heard good things about it!

Dessert Parties
(I am turning 30, so *multiple* parties are acceptable)

Fantasmic Dessert Party - because its my favorite show on property and I love dessert

Happily Ever After w/ Garden Viewing - will cut this one out if the below is chosen

Ferrytale Dessert & Fireworks Cruise - this one is the total ($) combined of the two above but I am intrigued and I think it would be something different to do and the open bar has me interested.... Thoughts?

In other news.....

I booked our flights the other day on Southwest, round trip per person was just over $230, so not terrible!

We will depart Philly on 10/26 at 10:40 am and land in MCO at 1:15 pm which gives us plenty of time to get to the Poly and over to Disney Springs for dinner at the BOATHOUSE

We depart MCO at 8:05 pm on Saturday 11/3 - so of course I added an extra day to our park hopper passes and hope to enjoy some time at MK before the Tragical Express around 5 pm.

That's it for now! I have a list of snacks & alcholic drinks I want to try too, I'll come back another day with those!

Countdowns:
ADR Day: 38 days
FP+ Day: 158 days
OUR TRIP: 218 days

Next Post: ADR's

Last edited:
ADR's

Our ADR day came and went so quickly! I was so prepared, I made a list of the ADR's that would probably be the hardest to get and did them first!

Lw5lnfx.jpg

**insert random picture of Mickey Waffles because I dream about them

Anyways, I am sure you are all probably wondering if we got what we wanted....

YES! It was a huge success and worth waking up at 5:55am for!

manpGD4.jpg

Here is what we have lined up (definitely subject to change)

Friday 10/26 (arrival day)
6:00 pm - The BOATHOUSE - I see you jumbo clam strips!

Saturday 10/27
12:20 pm - Sci-fi Dine In - This was requested by Wonks, so I am excited to check it out!

Sunday 10/28
8:10 am PPO - Be Our Guest
12:10 pm - Be Our Guest
6:15 pm - Shulas Steakhouse

I know you are probably wondering about the 2 BOG ADR.... in the same day.... but breakfast will get us into the park early aka 7DMT and I simply cannot go without their French Onion Soup, so a lunch ADR also made sense! There is a chance I cancel the lunch ADR bc Shula's also has French Onion Soup - but we will see!

Monday 10/29
12:20 pm - Via Napoli - hoping for some pizza leftovers to eat the rest of the week :thumbsup2- chances of this happening, slim to none because we are pigs.

7:30 pm - Fireworks Dessert Party w/Plaza Garden View - I debated over the dessert parties a while and this is what we ended up with because it was available on our ADR day

Tuesday 10/30
9:25 am - 1900 Park Fare - this is our *rest* day so we will take a little morning stroll over the the GF for this one...

5:30 pm - Mickey's Backyard BBQ - this was a last minute add on... Wonks really wants to check out the stables at Ft Wilderness and I love a good hoe-down :rotfl:

Wednesday 10/31
12:40 pm - Beaches and Cream - 3 words, No Way Jose

Thursday 11/1
10:35 am - Crystal Palace - I have never been here for breakfast but that Pooh's French Toast looks GREAT, count me in!

Friday 11/2
4:10 pm - Homecomin'

Saturday 11/3 (Departure Day :crazy2:)
9:15 am - Kona Cafe - this is a tradition to end our trips with and since we will be staying at the Poly, it should be a breeze to have breakfast and back to our room before checking out!

Countdowns:
FP+ Day: 112 days
OUR TRIP: 172 days

Up Next: LIFE UPDATE & 4 parks, 4 snacks

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-7_7-54-24.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-7_7-54-24.jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2018-5-7_7-56-24.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-7_7-56-24.jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!