Saying 'Aloha' to 30! A Oct/Nov 2018 PTR - Updated 10/25 ONE DAY TO GO!

The croissant donuts are so good! Your morning at Epcot sounds like it will be fun! And ending the day at AK is great! Hopefully you'll get to ride FoP standby!

DAY 2 Itinerary - Saturday October 27th

Our day will start around 8am as we head to the TTC to hop on a monorail to go to our first park....

latest

gosh I just love these old logos!

Anyways, our FP+ aren't until night time so we will just wing it this morning. We hope to rope drop Soarin' at least twice, ride Living with the Land (a personal fav) and try single rider for Test Track.

For breakfast I have been wanting to try one of those croissant donuts from Taste Track so I am sure we will head over there after Test Track!

At 11am we will begin making our way around the World Showcase to try a couple booths for F&W!

We have a 12:20pm lunch reservation at Via Napoli! This is mostly for Wonks as he can't go to Disney without getting their margherita pizza! And I don't blame him, it is so good!

U3BaQW0l.jpg

throwback from our Feb 2017 trip!

After lunch, we will head back to the monorail/TTC and walk back to the Poly to enjoy some pool/bar time!

Our first FP+ is Expedition Everest from 4:50-5:50pm so we will take a bus to AK around 5!

QOAQz27l.jpg

Then FP+ Kilimanjaro Safari from 6-7pm

After the safari, I think we will check out the Nomad Lounge for some drinks until our FP+ Na'vi River Journey from 7-8pm.

If the line for FOP is not too long, I hope we will attempt the standby line but we do have FP+ for later in the week so we will play it by ear.

On the way out we are planning to sit at the bar at Rainforest Cafe and get some appetizers as we will have a $25 Landry's card birthday credit to use!

Then we will take a bus back to the Poly! Since AK closes at 8pm, if we get back on the early side we may hit our personal favorite...... Trader Sams!

4JgSaArl.jpg

Outfits planned:

AM: PSU shirts as they play Iowa on this day

PM:
R6pkFr6m.jpg

AK shirt bought at Animal Kingdom a few years ago!

Countdown:
OUR TRIP: 46 days!

Up Next: Day 3 Itinerary Sunday October 28th!

LOVING your plans for this day!!!

Following along! And that pizza looks fantastic!

Welcome!!! and YES!!! If you have never been to Via Napoli, it comes highly recommended from me!!! It is just so darn good!

The croissant donuts are so good! Your morning at Epcot sounds like it will be fun! And ending the day at AK is great! Hopefully you'll get to ride FoP standby!

I hope we can hit the standby mostly because I want to check out the queue, youtube videos only do so much for me haha!

LOVING your plans for this day!!!

Thank you!!! thanks for following along!

DAY 3 Itinerary - Sunday October 28th

Another early start this morning as we head to the monorail around 7:30am (here's hoping it is open that early for a 9am MK opening?!?!?!)

We have an 8:10am PPO breakfast at Be Our Guest! Wonks could care less about this but I am 1. excited to go back to the Beasts Castle & 2. pumped to be in Fantasyland before the crowds!

After breakfast we will head right to 7DMT and try to get in 2 rides before the rope drop crowds hit!

From there we will wander around and likely it Its a Small World, Haunted Mansion and maybe a standby ride on Big Thunder & Splash if it's not too crowded yet!

Our first FP+ is on Big Thunder from 9:50-10:50am

Then FP+ on Splash from 10:55-11:55am!

After those FP we have.... a 12:10pm lunch reservation at Be Our Guest... I am sure you are confused but I booked this just so that I could get the Masters Cupcake. Cookies and Cream is my absolute favorite!

Be-Our-Guest-Masters-Cupcake-520x625.jpg

thanks for the pic Disney Food Blog!

ANYWAYS... After that we have our last FP+ on Space Mountain from 12:05-1:05pm!

We will probably hit the People Mover and Buzz if the lines aren't bad and then head back to the Poly to enjoy some pool/bar time!

We will get ready and catch an Uber to the Dolphin for Wonks favorite... 5:45pm dinner at Shula's Steakhouse! Since it is our birthday month, we should be getting a free entree via email for joining the club so we will utilize that as well!

After dinner we will head into Epcot for evening EMH as they are open until 11pm!

Outfits planned:

AM: Eagles Shirts as they play EARLY aka 8:30am against Jacksonville
PM: TBD but something fancy for dinner :lovestruc

Countdown:
OUR TRIP: 37 days!

Up Next: Day 4 Itinerary Monday October 29th!

Last edited:

No judgement on booking BOG for breakfast and lunch, the master's cupcake is a total must!!

Day 3 sounds great!

DAY 3 Itinerary - Sunday October 28th

Another early start this morning as we head to the monorail around 7:30am (here's hoping it is open that early for a 9am MK opening?!?!?!)

We have an 8:10am PPO breakfast at Be Our Guest! Wonks could care less about this but I am 1. excited to go back to the Beasts Castle & 2. pumped to be in Fantasyland before the crowds!

After breakfast we will head right to 7DMT and try to get in 2 rides before the rope drop crowds hit!

From there we will wander around and likely it Its a Small World, Haunted Mansion and maybe a standby ride on Big Thunder & Splash if it's not too crowded yet!

Our first FP+ is on Big Thunder from 9:50-10:50am

Then FP+ on Splash from 10:55-11:55am!

After those FP we have.... a 12:10pm lunch reservation at Be Our Guest... I am sure you are confused but I booked this just so that I could get the Masters Cupcake. Cookies and Cream is my absolute favorite!

Be-Our-Guest-Masters-Cupcake-520x625.jpg

thanks for the pic Disney Food Blog!

ANYWAYS... After that we have our last FP+ on Space Mountain from 12:05-1:05pm!

We will probably hit the People Mover and Buzz if the lines aren't bad and then head back to the Poly to enjoy some pool/bar time!

We will get ready and catch an Uber to the Dolphin for Wonks favorite... 5:45pm dinner at Shula's Steakhouse! Since it is our birthday month, we should be getting a free entree via email for joining the club so we will utilize that as well!

After dinner we will head into Epcot for evening EMH as they are open until 11pm!

Outfits planned:

AM: Eagles Shirts as they play EARLY aka 8:30am against Jacksonville
PM: TBD but something fancy for dinner :lovestruc

Countdown:
OUR TRIP: 37 days!

Up Next: Day 4 Itinerary Monday October 29th!

In November, I’m pretty sure we’re also doing our PPO BOG breakfast and BOG lunch on the same day. I had hoped to do them on different days, but one of the days will almost certainly be bumped to an 8:00 open and lunch at BOG fit into our plans as well on that particular day.

In November, I’m pretty sure we’re also doing our PPO BOG breakfast and BOG lunch on the same day. I had hoped to do them on different days, but one of the days will almost certainly be bumped to an 8:00 open and lunch at BOG fit into our plans as well on that particular day.

I am holding out hope for keeping the lunch BOG reservation for actual lunch but I am sure we will just go in for the cupcake and get Cosmic rays for lunch instead

Following along! We are heading home 11/10-11/16...can't wait!

Welcome! Thanks for following! Your trip is coming so soon as well! We can't wait either!

DAY 4 Itinerary - Monday October 29th

This is the day I am most excited for!!! We will be up at 6:30am to catch an Uber over to....

Hollywood Studios!!!! We have a 7am reservation for EMM in Toy Story Land!

Our plan of attack is to ride Slinky Dog as many times as we possibly can with a few spins on Alien Swirling Saucers and Toy Story Mania (my arm gets WAY too tired to ride this more than twice, haha!)

Depending on the time once we have had enough on the TSL rides, we may try to head down towards RnRC and ToT to get a few rides in before grabbing our "free" breakfast at the ABC Commissary by 10am.

After breakfast, we will play it by ear and see how the crowds are looking. The only things we really enjoy in this park are the rides so we will probably head towards ToT to ride again as that is Wonks favorite.

We will head back to the Polynesian for lunch, probably poolside and some drinks!

After relaxing for a few hours we will catch a monorail to..... MAGIC KINGDOM!

Our first FP+ is Splash Mountain from 4-5pm! We will probably try to hit this closer to 5pm so we can hop on over to our next FP+ on BTMR from 5:20-6:20pm!

Our last FP+ is from 6:45-7:45pm on Space Mountain.

We have a 7:30pm reservation for the Fireworks Dessert Party w/Plaza Garden Viewing so we will head over there then and stuff our faces with delish desserts. Then we will grab a spot in the Plaza Garden for Happily Ever After at 9pm.

Magic Kingdom has EMH until 12am tonight so we will just go with the flow (aka ride whatever ride has the shortest wait!)

Outfits planned:
Nothing, yet!

Countdown:
OUR TRIP: 30 days!

Next Post: Day 5 Itinerary Tuesday October 30th!

Last edited:
This day sounds like my kind of day!! EMM at DHS will be SO fun! And then your night at MK sounds great between visiting all the mountains and the dessert party! So magical!!

I'm loving all of your plans and there's definitely no better place to celebrate your birthday! We will be at MK on the 29th as well trying to cram in everything on our last day! Ha ha! Are you planning on a Trip Report for this trip? It would be neat to see your experience being there the same time as us!

This day sounds like my kind of day!! EMM at DHS will be SO fun! And then your night at MK sounds great between visiting all the mountains and the dessert party! So magical!!

I have read great things about DHS EMM so I hope we get the same luck as the people who have already attended with low crowds! So pumped for the dessert party and EMH at MK as well!

I'm loving all of your plans and there's definitely no better place to celebrate your birthday! We will be at MK on the 29th as well trying to cram in everything on our last day! Ha ha! Are you planning on a Trip Report for this trip? It would be neat to see your experience being there the same time as us!

WELCOME! I am so glad they have EMH at MK on the 29th until 12am! I was so bummed when just about every park closed at 9pm most of our stay! We are definitely night EMH people, haha!

DAY 5 Itinerary - Tuesday October 30th

AKA our "rest day"

rest-day-sometimes-a-good-rest-is-all-we-need-16799198.png

I don't know about anyone else, but when I am in Disney I have a very hard time "resting"

Today we will *try* to sleep in and relax until about 8:30am or so... and at 9am we will make our way aka walk over to the Grand Floridian for our 9:25am breakfast at 1900 Park Fare!

After breakfast we will walk back to the Polynesian and relax for a few minutes before catching an Uber over to Winter Summerland Mini Golf! Last year we played the winter side so this year we will play the summer side! Wonks is currently in the lead (1-0) so a rematch is NECESSARY.

We will head back to the Polynesian for some more down time, probably a dip in the pool and a nap!

To celebrate my 30th birthday, one of my "must do's" is a Monorail Bar Tour! Except I want to make it a Magic Kingdom Resort Bar Tour! The tentative plan is:

3:30pm - Monorail to the Grand Floridian for drinks at Mizner's Lounge

4:30pm - Boat from GF to MK, then boat to Wilderness Lodge for drinks at Geyser Point. We may grab something to eat here (probably a burger to share)

5:30pm - Walk to Fort Wilderness - Wonks wants to check out the stables at Tri-Circle D Ranch and who am I to say no! We may have a drink at Crockett's Tavern... I have only been to Ft Wilderness for Hoop-de-doo so suggestions on things to see/do here are appreciated!

6:30pm - Boat to Contemporary - depending on our level of coherence we may see if there are any openings at the bar at the California Grill otherwise we will settle for drinks at the Wave! That Seven Seas Lagoon drink has our names written all over it!

Contemporary-Resort-The-Wave-Lounge-Seven-Seas-Lagoon-January-2017-1.jpg

Thanks DFB!

8:00pm - Monorail back to the Polynesian - if the Tambu Lounge has reopened we will probably try to have a drink and some bread pudding here but I am not counting on this due to the refurb. We will just grab some Lapu Lapus from the temporary bar and head out to the beach to catch the Electrical Water Pageant at 9pm!

We will most likely end our night at our favorite bar, Trader Sams!

Outfits planned:
Nothing, yet!

Countdown:
OUR TRIP: 18 days! :drinking1

Up Next: Day 6 Itinerary Wednesday October 31st!

Last edited:
I definitely have a hard time resting at Disney! But this day sounds great and still packed full of fun between the character breakfast, mini golf, and bar hopping!

I don't know about anyone else, but when I am in Disney I have a very hard time "resting"

Oh my gosh, so do I! If I wanna rest, I'll go to the beach... :rotfl:

After breakfast we will walk back to the Polynesian and relax for a few minutes before catching an Uber over to Winter Summerland Mini Golf! Last year we played the winter side so this year we will play the summer side! Wonks is currently in the lead (1-0) so a rematch is NECESSARY.

This is one thing we have never done! I tell myself every trip that we will use those little vouchers they give you and do it... it never happens!

Magic Kingdom Resort Bar Tour!

So fun!!!

We will just grab some Lapu Lapus

My FAVORITE! I think we always book an 'Ohana dinner just so I can get a Lapu Lapu! :drinking1

I definitely have a hard time resting at Disney! But this day sounds great and still packed full of fun between the character breakfast, mini golf, and bar hopping!

I think it will be the perfect "rest" day! Very excited for the bar hopping haha!

Oh my gosh, so do I! If I wanna rest, I'll go to the beach... :rotfl:

This is one thing we have never done! I tell myself every trip that we will use those little vouchers they give you and do it... it never happens!

So fun!!!

My FAVORITE! I think we always book an 'Ohana dinner just so I can get a Lapu Lapu! :drinking1

YES! I agree, we go to the beach for a week in August with my family and all we do is lounge and eat, so that is our "relaxing" vacation! Disney is not meant to be relaxing in my opinion! Wonks always says he loses weight in Disney from all the walking we do, haha!

We did Mini golf last year and while it was in desperate need of refurb, it was still the cutest mini golf we have ever played! I highly recommend it!

I am so pumped for the MK Resorts Bar tour and I agree about the Lapu Lapu, one time we went they were out of pineapples and it just wasn't the same, here's hoping there's no pineapple shortage on 10/30!

Following! I'll be celebrating my 34th birthday at WDW this year, and my baby will be celebrating his 2nd birthday on the same trip. Disney is the BEST for birthdays!

Following! I'll be celebrating my 34th birthday at WDW this year, and my baby will be celebrating his 2nd birthday on the same trip. Disney is the BEST for birthdays!

Welcome!!! I couldn't agree more! Even though my actual b-day was this past Friday, I still am going to celebrate HARD on our trip! Enjoy your trip and your b-day celebrations, that is SO fun 2 in one trip!!!

DAY 6 Itinerary - Wednesday October 31st

Otherwise to be known as "Happy Mahaloween"

Today we will be headed back to EPCOT!

We have no real set plans but do intend to rope drop Soarin'!

We have a 12:40pm lunch reservation at Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club so we will walk there from the International Gateway!

After we stuff our face with lunch and the No Way Jose we will Uber back to the Polynesian for some down time, aka pool/bar time! :cool2:

At night, we plan to hit Animal Kingdom! Of course not before we Facetime my nieces and nephew in their Halloween costumes!

Our first FP+ is Flight of Passage from 4:30-5:30pm!

Then FP+ on Kilimanjari Safari from 5:45-6:45pm!

If the weather is nice enough we will probably do standby on Kali River Rapids!

Then FP+ on Expedition Everest from 7-8pm!

Ideally, I would like to watch Rivers of Light, but it's not a necessity. I am kind of disappointed I never got to see it with the real actors so I may just boycott for that reason.

We will take the bus back to the Poly and perhaps enjoy some Halloween themed activities around the resort and probably hit Trader Sams before watching Hallowishes from the Poly beach!

Outfits planned:

AM: Shirt that says "Trick or Treat Yourself"
PM: Shirt that says "I'm just here for the "boos"

Countdown:
OUR TRIP: 11 days! :banana:

UP NEXT: Day 7 Itinerary Thursday November 1st

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!