SB: Cover for CM albums

MiknMinMouse

DIS Veteran
For those of you current and former Creative Memories consultants. Can I decorate the covers of My Creative Memories albums and if so how? I'd like to just put something Like Disney Memories on the Cover, nothing terribly fancy. I'm just getting so many of those albums and for different things I'd like to have the covers labled if possible.

I have my CM albums embossed on the covers and spines. I've had it done at scrapbook stores and also at my CM consultant's home. Someone comes with an embossing/stamp machine, and you pick out the font and words you want, then it's stamped onto the album in foil. I have some done in silver and some in gold, some in plain "print" and some in fancy cursive, depending on the album theme.

Not sure if this is what you meant, but it's one way of labeling the albums! :) HTH!

I have a lady that comes to my CM Workshops that does it for $7.00 for the first line & $5.00 for each additional line. It looks really nice. I have my spines done with the title and then what volume it is (Jerauld Family Vacations Vol. I).

I read this somewhere on the internet. I have no personal experience with having my album covers done. I know we used to get our new Bibles printed with our names on the cover. A lot of my fellow scrappers have their album covers embossed, and they look very nice. Anyway here is the info I found, I copied and pasted it directly. Again, this is not my writing or my personal experience, but I just thought it might be worthy of adding the info to this thread!

Good Luck!

"I used to work for a company that did foil embossing and I want to pass along some helpful advice. I've heard many horror stories as well as witnessed sheer delight about scrapbookers having their covers embossed.

There are many folks and businesses with embossing machines sitting mothballed in the back rooms because things didn't work out the way they planned for them or their customers.

I've made up a short list of questions to ask before you start. The most important is what happens if you are not happy with the end result.

We all put long hours and much love in our scrapbooks and it is not fair if we have to put up with work which is not consistent with our efforts.

The guarantee, is there is one? Does it cover replacement for spelling errors? Does it cover replacement if the lettering is fuzzy? If the lettering is crooked or is not adherred with enough heat and pressure? If parts of the font or machine that were NOT supposed to imprint did? What if it was not imprinted with the correct color of foil or in the wrong location? What if there is damage in shipping or damage done to the cover that was not related to the embossing while it is out of your possesion?

These are good questions to ask so that you can have some assurance that you will be happy with the end result.

The other considerations are mostly for aethestic considerations. With all the style and artistry that goes inside the albums shouldn't the outside be consistent with it, if possible.

Will the type be sized appropriately for the location on the cover?

Does the font chosen reflect the theme or style of the album. eg Is the font Fun or Formal or Relaxed?

Will the embossing add to, or take away from, the existing beauty of the cover?

Will the wording add to the functionality making it easier to disguish your covers when they are on the shelf or the coffee table?

With the huge investment of time and money we have devoted in our heirloom albums we deserve to be happy with the lasting results.

Please copy and store these questions. I hate to see scrappers unhappy with the outside of the albums they love!!!"

That's an excellent list of questions ~ I'll be sure to use them if I can find someone who does this.

I've had a few of my CM albums embossed also. Our WDW one has "Walt Disney World" embossed on the front. And each of my girls' albums have their names on them. And then my oldest dd....they had a "special" when I got hers embossed, so the back also says "Made with Love by Mom." It's great because I made it as a birthday present for her 7th birthday, although the album was actually her first 2 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter