SB:HELP, It's my first time....

ddisney333

#1 fan of Maleficent....
I want to make a book for my ds who will be turning 4 on our trip to take to Disney for autographs. My idea is to put pictures of the characters in the book and have them sign on the page with their picture, so he can associate the picture and the signature. And when we get home I will add his picture with the character. I know what I want to do but where do I start? Where can I get pictures of the characters and how should I layout the pages? Any suggestions will be a help and appreciated. Thanks in advance.
PS Our trip is planned for the spring of 2002. :bounce:

What a great idea ddisney. :)

Hmmmm.... You could print out clipart of the characters and put them on each page. Here's a site with lots of great clipart. www.disneyclipart.com

You might want to wait until you get home to add the clip art of the characters or whatever. That way you won't have to be flipping through the book looking for the right page as the character is walking past you. :(
Also I was surprised by how many characters we saw, especially at MGM, that hadn't even occurred to me! Like Mary Poppins and the Mad Queen or whatever from Alice in Wonderland.
JMO :)

I agree about waiting until you get home to add any clip art or anything. I had a friend who took 2 CM sentiments albums for her 2 kids. They each had the characters sign on ONE side. When they got home, she added the pic of the girls with that character to the opposite page, creating a 2-page layout with the pic and autograph. It turned out great, and this is exactly what I plan on doing when we go back, which will be the end of Feb or beg of March...yay!!!

I taped die-cuts and scrapbook paper to a 4X6 spiral index card notebook and had the characters sign on the paper. It worked out well and was very easy to put together pages with the autographs. We still have the books and because I had so many pages I'm planning on using them again. I did get the new paper pizazz book with softer disney background paper which should be great. I also included some generic papers for characters that I didn't have specific paper.

Here are some pics of a of the pages I've done with them, these are all for my 7yo DD's book.
47b1dd04b3127cce99ff04f325e80000005410

47b1dd04b3127cce99ff04f0a4db0000005410

47b1dd04b3127cce99ff04f125ea0000005410

47b1dd04b3127cce99ff04ff25e40000005410

47b1dd04b3127cce99ff04fd25e60000005410

47b1dd04b3127cce99ff04f8a4d30000005410

47b1dd04b3127cce99ff04e2a4c90000005410

Thank you to everyone. All your ideas are wonderful. Thank you Chessie that web site helped a great deal. I have alot of planning to do. But I am stumped, I would like to put a picture of Cinderella's castle on the front page with a catchy title. Does anyone know where I can get a nice picture of the castle? Thanks in advance. :) :) :)

any suggestions for autographs already in autograph books? I made sure there are none on the back of another page (for the most part) but I can't decide if I should try and cut them out of the book, scan them, or leave the book intact as a souvenier in it's own right - maybe make a pocket for it - although it's pretty bulky.

Any thoughts?

Bev

(oh, and if you are premaking a book, definitely leave some generic pages, we have autographs from characters we'd never even heard of)

Bev

Great pages going2wdw. I bought that HOP Disney how to book. I was wondering what I was going to do with all that paper. You guys have talked me into collecting autographs.

chessie

There are several postcards with pictures of the castle. I got one that is an oversize cutout, I'd pick a few up and then take some of you own. When you are doing your book you can pick out the one that works best.

Thanks going2wdw, I will be sure to take alot of pictures. We finally know are dates for our trip. We leave April 26, 2002. Here we come Mickey. I have decided to add the clipart after we come home. Thanks for all your help.:smooth:

What I did with my DS's autograph book was paste the picture of him with the character to the opposite page. We went when he was 2 and 4 (he's 5 now). And I noticed he wasn't as interested in the Autograph books much longer after the trip was over but, he was very interested in dragging the photo album out to show everyone. So, I matched the pitures up to the signitures, cutting the pictures in different shapes. He loves the books all over again.

As a matter of fact, his really good freind is going to WDW for her first time this May. She isn't as familiar with the Disney characters and is a little unsure of people in costumes. So, of course we've sat down with her with all the pictures, she loves his Autograph books showing how she can meet the characters, and we've piled on the Disney movies! I think she has half of them memorized by now. HAHAHA!!!

Hope this helps.

I haven't been there yet but im planning on making my DD buy pre-cutting card stock into the 5x9 sized pages ( her book will be 5x7) the binding the pages together and taking one each day into the parks, when we get home ill cut the binding off and slide into the album with the picture across, ill use stickers and disney borders to decorate any left over space form the autograph, Im taking one each day " just icase one is lost".

bearloch

Janette your pages are adorable - I love the princess ones the most. You people are really inspiring me to get off my butt and finally make the scrapbook I have been waiting to do from my trip to Disneyland Paris!

Kirsty xx

What a lot of great scrapbook and autograph book ideas. My DD's and I spent last weekend making auto books for our trip to WDW from 11/27 to 12/5. We used small 4x6 memory books from the craft store. I am new to this and not very talented so all my work is with a glue gun! Glued red fabric with white dots( Go Minnie) to the covers. Then we cut out black felt circles in the Mickey shape and glued onto the front cover. For a final touch we added a bow to the top of the mouse head in the dotted fabric to turn Mickey into Minnie. My girls, 6 and 7 were thrilled with the results and very proud. We plan to add a fabric loop to the back to hold the pen. We'll try to keep our autographs on the right side so I can add the pictures after we return. It was just the right level of difficulty for their age. The books have plenty of pages and should hold 40 or 50 autographs if needed. I'm looking forward to adding a few stickers and embellishments when we return. Thanks for all the great ideas on these posts!

If you are cruising with DCL be sure to go to the 'Until We Meet Again" on the last night before returning to port. At the end of that they shoot Mickey icon confetti from the ceilings! It is GREAT for shaker boxes! I also did a shaker box of some fo the sand that was trapped in our stuff from Castaway Cay! It looks awesome. I have only gotten a couple of LOs done of our family's trip on the Wonder back in September, but I haven't uploaded them yet.

Take a small ziploc bag with you for the confetti and sand!::MickeyMo

Thanks everyone for the good advice. I am to making an autograph book for my DS and I needed a little inspiration.

I am taking advice from a friend who makes one every year. She has a small album 7x7 and just has the characters sign every other page...after getting pictures back, she mounts them on the page opposite their signature.

To make it even easier, get a scrapbook with removable pages....you can have them all autographed and then just insert pages in between them to mount the pictures on when you get back.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!