SB: How much room do you need to crop?

chessie

DIS Veteran
How much room do you need to crop?

I seem to start out on the dinning room table then progress into the living room coffee table. Before I know it the whole area is a mess. It stays that way for a couple of days. At least until I have finished the ideas I started with.

As long as I do not plan on having any company, I keep my dining room table set up with my scrapbooking supplies. I try to clean up each evening. I've got my folders for stickers, letters, die cuts, and papers. I'm big into baskets and I use them quite a bit for organizing pens, pencils, rulers, scissors, etc. I've been trying to only have one project going at a time so that simplifies things. Right now I'm starting a family 2001 book. I've already got some great pages from opening day of little league and one of the nor'easter that came up through NJ in March. I have about 6 pages worth of pictures in a CM file that I use to store page stuff (stickers, die cuts, thoughts, etc.) As long as my mess stays on the dining room table the family can live with it!

mbs

In my study my desk is filled with all my scrapbook supplies and I try to keep it to that area when all the family is around. This week-end my husband and son were on a week-end boy scout trip and I completely lost it. I had a card table set up, the ironing board, and was all over the floor with my project (Spring time in Paris- 10 days and 25 rolls of film). Needless to say I only completed 3 days of the 10 and I don't want to know how much more stuff I need to go through. I barely slept the whole time they were gone but had a great time only stopping to consume great quantities of junk food and diet coke.

Before they got back I got it all back to the desk and cleaned the rest of the study, but it was sure wonderful to spread out all over the place and have all that room.

That sounds like how I scrapbook, Magic. All out! :)

I'm very fortunate to have my own room for scrapbooking and crafts. My computer is in one corner. Needless to say, I almost never leave my office. If I'm not there, the kids are bewildered. :)

Well, I don't have a room to leave my stuff out so I always have to unpack and pack when I scrap. However, that doesn't stop me from spreading out like crazy. My kitchen table gets covered, all counter tops and oftentimes the floor. Unfortunately, since I hate packing and unpacking, I don't scrap as much as I would if it were sitting out. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. My son will be going into the Air Force in July and once he leaves, I have plans for his bedroom. I'm hoping to use half for my scrapping and half the room for my husband's office. Although, that means he won't have a place to sleep when he comes home.....well, I guess my husband won't get an office. We have to put the bed somewhere! haha!

Those of you with your own scrapping room are so fortunate.

It takes so much time to get it all out and then put it all away that I am not as productive as I could be. If I think of having to put it away I have 2nd thoughts about getting it all out.

I kind of just ease into the mess. All of a sudden I look around and it’s there.

liaschu, Do you have a sofa bed? lol

I recently started using 12 x 12 squares of cardboard to help with this very problem. I don't have a scrapbooking area. I have to use the dining room table and it makes such a mess! Now, I decide what pictures go together and choose the paper, stickers, page number (if the idea came from a magazine), etc. Then I put everything on a piece of cardboard. Another piece of cardboard goes on top of that and I do it all again. Finally, I have a stack of maybe 15 layouts. Then I clean up all the mess.

When I decide to do a page, all I need to do is remove the top piece of cardboard from the stack and the supplies are ready. I just get out the pens, scissors and adhesive and I am ready to go. When the supply of layouts gets thin, I know it is time to plan and go through the whole mess again. It works for me.

What a great idea MerryPoppins! I guess that I'm similar in that my layouts are in folders until I'm ready to do the page. Hoping to get some work in this evening after the kiddies are in bed.

mbs

I started on the dining room table - but got so aggravated with my stuff always laying out in plain view. A little over a year ago, hubby fixed me a scrapbook nook in our basement - complete with hanging light, shelves, and two 8 foot tables put together in an L shape. I also have two floor shelving units - and lots of Rubbermaid see-through boxes. My scrapping friends are very jealous!!;)

I'm jealous, too! Wish we had a basement. I keep thinking of doing something in one of our closets when one of the kids go away to school. That way, I can shut the door on the mess when I need to stop. But that is a few years down the line.

I've been using my kitchen table. No floors or coffee tables get used because my 14mo would get into everything. I have a Cropper Hopper that I keep in the kitchen with my supplies.

Soon I will be taking over a portion of what is now my 6yo son's playroom....that is...when I find the floor again. He trashed the room so badly that he's losing 2/3's of it. His toys will have an area, my dd's toys will have another and I'm setting up our card table to scrap (at least until I find one of those folding buffet table things on sale). Wish me luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter