• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Scallops and Shrimp?

Momof2

Mouseketeer
Recently went to a restaurant where we had "Seafood Pasta". It was penne pasta in a light tomato basil sauce with shrimp and scallops. It was awesome! Anyone have a recipe for anything like this? Would love to try to make it. Thanks.

I don't have the recipe for that, but this time of year with tomatos and fresh basil growing beautifully I would try to make it myself.

What I would do is find a basic tomato sauce recipe and make that. Here are a couple tomato sauces that I found. One is even uncooked.

The first one I found here: http://recipecircus.com/recipes/Mrs_Chef/PastaRiceSalads/Fresh_Tomato_Sauce_With_Basil.html

SALSA DI POMODORO RUSTICA
(uncooked tomato sauce)

3 pounds (3 to 4 large) red, ripe tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 c. fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped and loosely packed, reserve several small leaves
for garnish.
1/4 c. chopped parsley, loosely packed
1/3 c. olive oil, plus additional oil for the cooked pasta (optional)
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.

Blanch tomatoes 10 to 20 seconds in boiling water, rinse in cold water. Remove skins.
Core tomatoes and cut in half and squeeze out seeds.. Chop tomatoes into 1 inch pieces.
Using a food processor with the motor running, drop garlic cloves into processor to mince, leave garlic in and add 1/3 of chopped tomatoes, all of the basil, parsley, 1/3 c. olive oil, salt and pepper and process until smooth.

Add remaining tomatoes to processor and pulse several times until a salsa-like consistency is achieved.

Prepare pasta as you prefer. Toss with a little olive oil to keep from sticking together.
Top with the sauce, grated parmesan and garnish with the reserved basil.

Note:: Serve sauce at room temperature. Two tablespoons of gorgonzola cheese may be added to tomato mixture before processing. Makes 6 large serving when using a pound of pasta.

I added a little tomato paste to my sauce as my tomatoes were not the best. (Little pale)
I used penne pasta.

Here's another sauce recipe: This one came from here: http://members.spree.com/sip/princessjen/dips/romabasil.html

Roma Tomato Sauce with Basil

INGREDIENTS:

15 Roma type tomatoes (egg-shaped)
1 medium yellow onion
2 tablespoons basil
1 tablespoon sugar
2 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
1 dash pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil

DIRECTIONS:

Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until onion begins to brown. While onions are sautéing, skin tomatoes and chop in food processor to make smooth sauce. Add sauce to onions and garlic. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer 30 minutes. Serve over spaghetti.

Then what I would do is saute the seafood in a little olive oil with garlic. I would cook the pasta and then add it to the saute pan with the cooked seafood, tossing the whole thing together to blend the flavors. The sauce can be added to each serving or put over the top of the whole thing.

Thanks for the idea Beth - I didn't even think of trying to put it together myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter