Scam Artist at WDW

Olaf

DIS Cast Member
I just listened to the 3/4/08 broadcast yesterday. I'm a little behind the power curve. :rolleyes: I checked through the old messages for this topic, but didn't see one.

Pete informed us of the scam artist at WDW, saying that authorities thought it was someone evesdropping on conversations to get room numbers and names. Sorry, I'm not buying that. Odds are the guilty party is either a CM or knows a CM who is feeding them information. There's a thread on the DVC board about CC information being stolen while at WDW.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1749934

This really concerns me, as I've always felt so safe while at WDW. I hope Diisney is doing all they can to catch the bad guys.

There was a thread about this a few weeks back. . .

The scam was that someone would overhear the CM at check-in give the guest their room number. The scammer would call the guest saying the front desk had a problem with their credit card on hold and needed the information again. With the cc information, the scammer would go to town.

The thread you attached sounds exactly like what happened to me . . . My debit/Visa information was stolen and someone in Florida was making purchases at gas stations. I am in Texas. My card was never stolen, it was in my wallet the whole time. It is very scary that people can steal your information right under your nose. My bank, credited me back the charges and issued me a new card. But, it did keep me curious on where and when my information was stolen. I check my statement online at least every other day to make sure there aren't any false charges.

- Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter