Scanning in to park with kids...

Princesca

<3 Pink sugar heart attack! <3
We are traveling with a family who won't have MagicBands. I know you can link all the tickets in your party to the app and scan in that way, but how does the fingerprint work? Do you scan the phone then do all the fingerprints after in any order? Is it still okay for parents to use their fingerprints in lieu of the kids?

Is not having MB going to be a big PITA for them if they use DAS or Genie+ or LL?

Last edited:
We are traveling with a family who won't have MagicBands. I know you can link all the tickets in your party to the app and scan in that way, but how does the fingerprint work? Do you scan the phone then do all the fingerprints after in any order? Is it still okay for parents to use their fingerprints in lieu of the kids?

Is not having MB going to be a big PITA for them if they use DAS or Genie+ or LL?
as far I know everyone will have to scan in one at a time and if parent uses their finger scan the same parent will have to scan in for that child each time. just remember that if mom uses her finger and she decides to stay a resort it will take extra time to get kids scanned in to park

I have an AP but have taken family many times and they always get a card on their first entry into the park. They then use the card for lightening lanes, future park visits, etc instead of trying to scan with their phone.

Parents are more than welcome to use theirs if you don't think your child can do the fingerscan each time. My (young) 3 year old is adamant he uses his finger and it surprisingly works fine.

I didn’t have MBs with my two littles 3 and 4). We had cards that we scanned and I used my fingerprints for myself and my two kids. For LLs, we only had to scan the cards. I had them all in clear ID pouches on a keychain and scanned them all in a few seconds for my family. It was so quick and hassle free. We didn’t need MBs at all.

Can you get the cards at your hotel? I would hate to burn time at the park.

Can you get the cards at your hotel? I would hate to burn time at the park.

You won't lose any park time - it takes 30 seconds or less. You scan your digital ticket, the CM whips out the card, you stick your finger on the thingy, and you're done. You'll see lots of others getting them, too.

If you're staying onsite, you can get cards at the front desk that also act as your room key but you'll still have to register the fingerprint at the gate on your first park visit (which takes just as long as getting the card).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter