Scents on rides/attractions

OnlyDisney

DIS Veteran
I'm wondering if there are smells on the Carousel of Progress or the Country Bear Jamboree?
I'm allergic to artificial fragrance (my skin can react like a mild rash to poison ivy like symptoms)

I've only come across one scent I'm very allergic to at Disney so far - Flight of Passage! Though I did end up ridding it three times because it's so much fun! (But I haven't been on Soarin' so I'm not sure how I'd react to it)

We tend to stick to the same rides at each park so there are still many we haven't experienced yet. With girls weekend coming up with my daughter I was thinking of maybe trying a new thing or two :hyper:

You shouldn't have trouble on either of those!

Soarin' has more than a few scent blasted at you so you may want to avoid that, Figment too if you have plans to ride it. Good luck!

No scents on either of those, expect for that old carpet smell on CoP ;) haha. Soarin, however, has several scents sprayed during the ride. Like grass, ocean, roses...similar to the ocean smell on FoP. Soarin' is an AMAZING ride if you feel like you can handle taking one for the team. Enjoy!

Yeah, a lot of rides have a particular scent that is not artificial, it's just part of the show building. No worries on CoP or CBJ. Soarin' is the one where they really get you with scents, especially on the new version. It's Tough to be a Bug also has one part, and Muppet-Vision 3-D has a part, though it seems to only work intermittently. As mentioned Journey into Imagination with Figment also has a segment with one. Most of these artificial scents, outside of Soarin' are not pleasant and are not intended to be.

Pirates has quite a few different smells

Does Pirates have pumped-in artificial smells though? The only smell I associate with it is that dank, chlorinated water smell. I've never noticed any others.

There are actually smells and scents on Main St in the MK too. Granted that's outside in open air, but they do pump scents out.

Hmm, guess I never noticed. It's not nearly as strong as on Spaceship Earth, probably because the area is much more open.
The scents on POTC aren't as strong as other rides and can get "lost" in the wide open space. In addition to the burning town, you also can catch the smell of rum when you pass by the pirate drinking with the cats. When I saw this thread, that's the first one I thought of (mostly since it's my fave).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter