Scents on rides/attractions

The scents on POTC aren't as strong as other rides and can get "lost" in the wide open space. In addition to the burning town, you also can catch the smell of rum when you pass by the pirate drinking with the cats. When I saw this thread, that's the first one I thought of (mostly since it's my fave).

Ok, now I am not going to do anything but look...sniff?...for the rum smell, I've ridden PoTC dozens of times and never noticed!

About the water smell-I watched a video about that-not sure if it's true, but the guy seems to know what he's talking about.

I’ve always had allergies which I think damaged my sense of smell. I’ve noticed the burning smell on PotC and obviously Figment but I have not noticed most of the other smells people have mentioned. There’s a rose smell on Soarin??

I feel like I’m missing out.

Kali has a wonderful smell of Jasmine. I think it is in the mist that they spray as you go up the first lift hill. Sometimes I notice it more than others. One night in July it was so strong I kept riding Kali just to smell that. For someone with allergies, though, it might be bothersome.

AKL also has an amazing smell. They pump in a distinct scent which is absolutely divine, and that sometimes mingles with the smoked meats they are making at Jiko or Boma. I have read some comments that some people don't like the smell of cooking meat at AKL, but I love it.

When my husband smoked his first meat on his new smoker, I went and sat with him outside and imagined I was at my favorite place in the World.

Hmm, guess I never noticed. It's not nearly as strong as on Spaceship Earth, probably because the area is much more open.

If you pay attention next time you'll definitely know when you smell the burning smell and when you smell the rum.

I didn't even really pay attention to the rum smell all the times I've been on it until I saw someone on this board last year mention how they hated the smell. Now everytime I go on pirates I smell it pretty strong

If you pay attention next time you'll definitely know when you smell the burning smell and when you smell the rum.

I didn't even really pay attention to the rum smell all the times I've been on it until I saw someone on this board last year mention how they hated the smell. Now everytime I go on pirates I smell it pretty strong

Well, I don't even know what rum smells like, so I wouldn't have noticed that one. Cool that they have it though.

Well, I don't even know what rum smells like, so I wouldn't have noticed that one. Cool that they have it though.

It'll be like the cinnamon/spiced smell when you get to the pirate with the pigs

Spaceship Earth has the Burning Rome scene... smells really good when the effect is working. For reference, it's mostly a fireside smell from yankee, etc.

I love the smell in the Burning Rome scene, but for some reason it always reminds me of barbecue flavored potato chips. :)

Oh my gosh! I'm going with my family in April. In addition to everything I was already excited about I now get to look forward to smelling things! We're staying at the Poly and I can't wait for that smell!

Oh my gosh! I'm going with my family in April. In addition to everything I was already excited about I now get to look forward to smelling things! We're staying at the Poly and I can't wait for that smell!

Poly smells nice, but the best lobby scent is the Grand Floridian. It's so heavenly!

On our last trip, there was a dude on Pirates in the row in front of us that brought his OWN smell. We joked that it was probably close to authentic "pirate scent".

My husband would like to see 'tank tops' on the banned clothing list at WDW.

AKL also has an amazing smell. They pump in a distinct scent which is absolutely divine, and that sometimes mingles with the smoked meats they are making at Jiko or Boma. I have read some comments that some people don't like the smell of cooking meat at AKL, but I love it.
I thought it was just us!!! Maybe it's just us southerners that equate smoked meat with love...LOL

@OnlyDisney, do you stay onsite? Because several of the hotels, to me, seem to have more fragrance sprayed in the halls than I get from the rides (Beach Club is the worst that I've noticed). Do you have to bring your own sheets? Sorry for you having to deal with this--it must make shopping and travel a massive pain.

This is one thing I love about Disney, it appeals to ALL the senses.

This dude's "scent dispenser" powered through a regular t-shirt.

You're Dis name says it all! I just noticed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter