Scents on rides/attractions

Nothing beats the musty Monorail "Tourist" smell for "I have arrived at WDW".

Another notable smell is the sulfer smell in the water that is obvious when you get out of the Monorail and want to wash off the tourist smell.

Luckily there's a perfume for that. Who doesn't want to smell like mildew and chlorinated water? And, no, this doesn't appear to be a joke - at least as long as you're not actually buying and wearing this stuff.

IMG_3604.jpg

Pirates has quite a few different smells

I freaked out a little bit on Pirates not to long ago. I've never had a reaction on that ride, but I was sitting on the far right and was blasted with the burning smell. Luckily it turns out I'm not allergic to that one!

@OnlyDisney, do you stay onsite? Because several of the hotels, to me, seem to have more fragrance sprayed in the halls than I get from the rides (Beach Club is the worst that I've noticed). Do you have to bring your own sheets? Sorry for you having to deal with this--it must make shopping and travel a massive pain.

It does make shopping and traveling very aggravating - it's a nightmare having to do laundry at a hotel, as in we have to bring baking soda/vinegar to clean out the machines! I used to bring my own bedding/towels/linens when traveling. I've tried calling hotels to ask about fragrances but could never get a definitive answer. (A lot of people don't understand the difference between unscented and fragrance free anyway). But after years and years and years of hauling around my own gear I was brave on the last night of a vacation and slept on hotel sheets. I've only tried this at Disney and Drury Hotels and am very pleased I can sleep on their sheets!

Does Pirates have pumped-in artificial smells though? The only smell I associate with it is that dank, chlorinated water smell. I've never noticed any others.

When you enter the burning buildings scene, on your right hand side there are scent cannons. You can feel them blowing on you. I believe the scent is called Tabacco Shop (317) by ScentAir.
Aside from the chemicals used in the water, I'm not sure that there are other scent cannons on POTC.

After the Goofy intro scene to Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, you walk in to the last queue area, and there's a sugar cookie/sweet baked goods scent. I smell it every time we go, but it could be just me. I'm weird. ;)

After the Goofy intro scene to Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, you walk in to the last queue area, and there's a sugar cookie/sweet baked goods scent. I smell it every time we go, but it could be just me. I'm weird. ;)

You're not weird :) Disney does scents all over the parks. ScentAir provides a collection of food and drinks: Sugar Cookie (783), Birthday Cake (766), Chocolate (794), Coffee Shop (1364), Waffle Cone (493), etc.

No scents on either of those, expect for that old carpet smell on CoP ;) haha. Soarin, however, has several scents sprayed during the ride. Like grass, ocean, roses...similar to the ocean smell on FoP. Soarin' is an AMAZING ride if you feel like you can handle taking one for the team. Enjoy!

The scent fragrance on Soaring is AWESOME

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter