• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

School me on the art of CS credits! Help!

wdwobsessed

Work hard, Play hard. :)
Alas ... we used all but three of our CS credits at WL Roaring Forks last trip (which got really old fast). We did use three at the Sunshine Fair at Epcot.

This time I want to expand my CS horizions and use them in more interesting places! Here is what I'm thinking. Feedback and suggestions would be great.

AK - Flame Tree
MK - Cosmic Rays
MGM - No CS thank you, seems rather dismal
EPCOT - I'm not sure ... help! Thinking Tangerine Cafe or one of the bakeries in Norway / France???

We also will be staying at POR for 1/2 and Boardwalk for other 1/2 ... how is the CS there?

Thanks

WDWO

We just returned from a fabulous week in the World and I would highly recommend at least two of the CS options you have on your list and one more.

Flame Tree BBQ :thumbsup2
Food was great. Our kids (DS6 and DS15) both ate ribs and loved it. The baked beans and corn are good too and DH had the chicken which he said was great too. Huge portions for a CS and definitely worth it. They close pretty early though, even with EMH so check the hours.

Tangerine Cafe: :sunny:
Ate there Friday (3/31) and tried foods we'd never had. The wraps were great as was the platter which my DH raved over. DS15 abandoned us that day and ate at Sommerfest in Germany. DS6 got chicken nuggets, I think, and was fine. He even tried some of the food on DH's platter and liked it. The Baklava (dessert on the DP) was very good, better than I expected.

Another CS I would recommend is Pecos Bills at MK. I picked it based on recommendations from this board and it was very good. It's a burger place, but they have a tremendous condiments bar with sauteed onions, mushrooms, peppers, etc. Definitely another example of the good advice we got from DISboards again.

Have a magical vacation!

We always eat at Flametree. The ribs and chicken are too good. I don't care for the chocolate cake, but the key lime pie is great.

My favorite CS in Epcot is the Yakitori House in Japan. I always get the same thing: salad with ginger dressing, Tonosama combo, chestnut cake, and iced green tea. Heaven.

I prefer Pecos Bill's in MK. They have a great salad, wrap, and burgers. Cosmic Ray's is OK. I mostly go there for the Iced Cappuccino, since they stopped selling it at Pecos Bill's.

I usually don't eat at MGM.

I've enjoyed Cosmic Rays too. I also liked the noodle house at MK, just as you go into Tomorrow land.

We're going to try the fish and chips at Harry Ramsden's in Epcot. I *LOVE* Fish and Chips so here's hoping they're good.

We also liked Pecos Bill's and Flame Tree.

Yakatori house is a good idea - we shoudl try that. we're staying at CSR and I'm looking forward to the Pepper Market. I think it sounds like one of the better resort CS with lots of variety which is good. :)

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter